8 December 2011
Development and climate change are two sides of the same coin in Africa so it makes sense that funding for both should act as a catalyst for progress to benefit local communities. That was the key message from a panel discussion held at the climate change conference, or COP 17, in Durban on how climate change funds could be put to best use.
African leaders in Durban said it was time Africa got is fair share of global climate finance. They strongly reiterated that, while Africa is determined to embark resolutely on the path of clean development, it needs adequate access to climate finance, with a clear link between development, adaptation and mitigation.
- Africa Day
- 10:00-10:45 Welcome and Keynote
- 10:45-11:15 Coffee Break
- 11:15-13:15 Development First in the Context of Climate Change
- 13:15-15:30 Networking, beverages and snacks
- 15:30-17:30 Climate Finance and Economics
- 17:30-19:00 Africa Day Cocktail Reception
Africa pavilion events programme (2.17 MB)
Africa pavilion layout (0.94 MB)
Africa pavilion location map (1.05 MB)