- The economy shrank by 2.4% in 2016 (after expanding by 2.6% the previous year), amid difficult conditions worldwide, in particular a sharp drop in oil prices, and is expected to grow by 0.5% in 2017.
- The proportion of the population living in poverty fell from 50.2% to 37% between 2005 and 2011, but social indicators remain mixed, and some are incompatible with Congo’s status as a middle-income country (MIC).
- Despite its major potential, industry has not developed to become the engine to drive the economy and structural transformation.
|Area:||342,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2017:||4.5 Million|
|Urban Population 2017:||64.52%|
|Female Population 2017:||50.01%|
|GDP:||US$ 14.2 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 2,550|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||37.58%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 188):||142|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.534|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2016):||UA 356.2 Million|
|P-CG-GB0-002|| PROJET CENTRAL AFRICA BACKBONE (CAB) – COMPOSANTE CONGO ||OngoingOnGo|
|P-CG-KZ0-001|| PROJET D’APPUI AU CLIMAT DES INVESTISSEMENTS ET A LA GOUVERNANCE FORESTIERE ||OngoingOnGo|
- 22/05/2016 - AfDB commits EUR 52 million to the Republic of Congo for broadband and e-services development
- 22/10/2015 - AfDB Board approves Ketta-Djoum road development and Yaoundé-Brazzaville corridor transport facilitation, a regional transport project
- 01/07/2015 - AfDB approves US $22.5-million to improve investment climate and forest governance in Congo