- Growth is projected at 0.3% in 2015, from 1.7% in 2014 and 1.3% in 2013, reflecting challenges in the business and investment environment, and a poor global economic environment.
- The government’s commitment to strengthening public financial management and natural-resource management through the African Development Bank’s technical assistance has helped to create favourable medium-term prospects.
- Eritrea has been promoting urbanisation but this is limited by financial capacity and a shortage of urban housing.
|Area:||118,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2015:||6.3 Million|
|Urban Population 2015:||22.24%|
|Female Population 2015:||50.10%|
|GDP:||US$ 3.4 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 450|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||36.70%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||181|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.351|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2015):||UA 119.2 Million|
|P-ER-AAZ-002|| DROUGHT RESILIENCE AND SUSTAINABLE LIVELIHOODS PROGRAMME DRLSP-IV ERITREA ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-ER-EAZ-003|| GROUNDWATER ASSESSMENT, AQUIFER MAPPING AND WELL DEVELOPMENT ||ApprovedAPVD|
- 15/02/2017 - AfDB commits US $3.50 million to IGAD Regional Infrastructure Master Plan
- 27/01/2017 - AfDB supports Drought Resilience and Sustainable Livelihood Program in Eritrea
- 04/03/2015 - AfDB approves US $19 million in loans and grants to boost skills of tradespeople and agro-scientists in Eritrea