- Real GDP growth increased to an estimated 6.0% in 2016, up from 5.6% in 2015, with the expansion projected to continue in 2017 and 2018, supported by large investments and growth in the service sector.
- A stable macroeconomic environment with single-digit inflation (averaging 6% in 2016) prevailed as political campaigning for the August 2017 general elections got underway.
- Kenya has sophisticated entrepreneurship by regional standards but could increase its global footprint through increased investments in information technology.
|Area:||580,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2017:||48.5 Million|
|Urban Population 2017:||73.50%|
|Female Population 2017:||49.70%|
|GDP:||US$ 77.3 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 1,340|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||33.00%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 188):||146|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.555|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2016):||UA 2.6 Billion|
|P-KE-AA0-019|| KENYA EMERGENCY HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE FOR PERSONS AFFECTED BY DROUGHT ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-KE-HAB-008|| COMMERCIAL BANK OF AFRICA LIMITED ||ApprovedAPVD|
- 12/09/2017 - Kenyan Government delighted with AfDB’s partnership, as Nnenna Nwabufo receives accreditation as Country Manager
- 07/09/2017 - The frontier for climate resilience begins with smallholder farmers
- 24/07/2017 - AfDB briefs Donors on its new strategy for Somalia and the status of the Multi-Partner Somalia Infrastructure Fund