- Real GDP growth was 5.3% in 2014, while the 2015 estimate and the 2016 and 2017 projections show economic expansion of 5.5%, 6.0%, and 6.4% respectively.
- In 2014 and 2015, the economy experienced a stable macroeconomic environment, with single-digit inflation despite a 10.0% currency depreciation in 2015. At the same time, calls to amend the constitution to increase finances to the 47 county governments dominated the political scene.
- Kenya is set to experience rapid urbanisation in the foreseeable future.
|Area:||580,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2017:||48.5 Million|
|Urban Population 2017:||73.50%|
|Female Population 2017:||49.70%|
|GDP:||US$ 77.3 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 1,340|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||33.00%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 188):||146|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.555|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2016):||UA 2.6 Billion|
- 24/07/2017 - AfDB briefs Donors on its new strategy for Somalia and the status of the Multi-Partner Somalia Infrastructure Fund
- 07/07/2017 - AfDB approves US$1 million emergency relief grant to drought victims in Kenya
- 15/06/2017 - AfDB and Export Trading Group (ETG) sign US$ 100 million non-sovereign guarantee corporate loan