- Real GDP growth was 5.3% in 2014, while the 2015 estimate and the 2016 and 2017 projections show economic expansion of 5.5%, 6.0%, and 6.4% respectively.
- In 2014 and 2015, the economy experienced a stable macroeconomic environment, with single-digit inflation despite a 10.0% currency depreciation in 2015. At the same time, calls to amend the constitution to increase finances to the 47 county governments dominated the political scene.
- Kenya is set to experience rapid urbanisation in the foreseeable future.
|Area:||580,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2015:||44.4 Million|
|Urban Population 2015:||24.78%|
|Female Population 2015:||50.11%|
|GDP:||US$ 44.9 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 860|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||34.90%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||145|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.519|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2015):||UA 2.0 Billion|
|P-KE-HAB-021|| IMPERIAL BANK KENY IN RESPECT OF COMMERZBANK RPA ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-KE-DB0-023|| SIRARI CORRIDOR ACCESSIBILITY & ROAD SAFETY IMPROVEMENT PROJECT: ISEBANIA-KISII-AHERO REHABILITATION ||ApprovedAPVD|
- 05/01/2017 - SEFA grants US $1 million to prepare an innovative community-owned hydropower project in Kenya
- 22/12/2016 - Female Parliamentarians from across Africa meet in Nairobi to discuss new policies on property rights
- 09/12/2016 - “We are better equipped to deliver results ”, say East African CSOs at AfDB workshop in Nairobi