- GDP growth slowed to 6.0% in 2016 and headline inflation rose sharply to 7.2%, the highest level since 2012.
- Rwanda remains peaceful and stable and preparation for the August 2017 presidential elections have commenced, with the constitution amended to address presidential term limits.
- Macroeconomic stability and an increasingly attractive investment climate are creating a favourable environment for business start-ups, entrepreneurs and other private sector actors.
|Area:||26,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2017:||12.2 Million|
|Urban Population 2017:||73.50%|
|Female Population 2017:||49.70%|
|GDP:||US$ 9.0 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 700|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||29.90%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 188):||159|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.498|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2016):||UA 848.9 Million|
- 17/08/2017 - With ALSF support, Rwanda lays foundation stone of Bugesera International Airport
- 13/07/2017 - Connecting the Continent: With ALSF support, Rwanda concludes Concession Agreement for new Bugesera International Airport
- 02/06/2017 - African Development Bank approves US $343,000 to enhance honey production in Rwanda
Rwanda Field Office
African Development Bank Group
Boulevard de l’Umuganda
Building Glory House, 3rd & 4th floors;
P.O. Box 7329
Phone: (+250) 252 504250
Fax: (+250) 252 504298
Mr. Negatu Makonnen, Resident Representative