- Real GDP grew by an average of 6.9% during the first three quarters of 2015, in line with the 7.0% target for 2015. It is projected to decrease to 6.8% this year before going back up to 7.2% in 2017.
- The indicators for rule of law, political rights and civil liberties, participation and inclusiveness, and safety and security have all improved.
- With urbanisation an emerging priority, measures are being implemented to position Kigali as a centre for investment and business growth. There is also a focus on promoting balanced and transformative urbanisation through the development of secondary cities.
|Area:||26,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2015:||11.8 Million|
|Urban Population 2015:||19.70%|
|Female Population 2015:||51.17%|
|GDP:||US$ 6.7 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 600|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||35.16%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||167|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.434|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2015):||UA 813.0 Million|
- 10/01/2017 - AfDB signs loan agreements to finance Busega-Mpigi express highway project linking Uganda and Rwanda
- 23/11/2016 - AfDB Board approves 2017-2021 Country Strategy Paper for Rwanda
- 26/07/2016 - African Development Bank supports Employability and Entrepreneurship in Rwanda with USD 50 million
Rwanda Field Office
African Development Bank Group
Boulevard de l’Umuganda
Building Glory House, 3rd & 4th floors;
P.O. Box 7329
Phone: (+250) 252 504250
Fax: (+250) 252 504298
Mr. Negatu Makonnen, Resident Representative