- GDP growth slowed to 6.0% in 2016 and headline inflation rose sharply to 7.2%, the highest level since 2012.
- Rwanda remains peaceful and stable and preparation for the August 2017 presidential elections have commenced, with the constitution amended to address presidential term limits.
- Macroeconomic stability and an increasingly attractive investment climate are creating a favourable environment for business start-ups, entrepreneurs and other private sector actors.
|Area:||26,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2017:||12.2 Million|
|Urban Population 2017:||73.50%|
|Female Population 2017:||49.70%|
|GDP:||US$ 9.0 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 700|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||29.90%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 188):||159|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.498|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2016):||UA 848.9 Million|
- 24/11/2017 - AfDB earmarks US$84m for skills and business development in Rwanda
- 22/11/2017 - ALSF and Connex Support Initiative capacity building to strengthen corporate governance in the extractives sector
- 17/11/2017 - Rwanda-AfDB: Board Approves US$ 171 Million Loans for Water and Sanitation Programme
Rwanda Field Office
African Development Bank Group
Boulevard de l’Umuganda
Building Glory House, 3rd & 4th floors;
P.O. Box 7329
Phone: (+250) 252 504250
Fax: (+250) 252 504298
Mr. Negatu Makonnen, Resident Representative