- Growth slowed to 4.8% in 2016 from 5.7% in 2015 after a robust period of growth that allowed Seychelles to reach high-income status in 2015.
- The medium-term outlook is moderate, with real GDP projected to grow at 3.5% in 2017 and 3.3% in 2018, driven by tourism, ICT and fisheries.
- Enhanced attention to entrepreneurship, skills development and improved financial inclusion will help Seychelles achieve a more inclusive and sustainable growth performance with greater diversification.
|Area:||80,469 sq km|
|Total Population 2017:||100,000.0|
|Urban Population 2017:||73.50%|
|Female Population 2017:||49.70%|
|GDP:||US$ 1.9 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 14,760|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||16.00%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 188):||63|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.782|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2016):||UA 151.2 Million|
- 19/07/2017 - ADEA applauds Ghana’s and Seychelles’ strong Higher Education Management Information System
- 30/06/2017 - Indian Ocean Islands, East African countries collaborate to enhance responsible fisheries practices
- 21/03/2017 - Micro, small and medium enterprises development trained under Seychelles MSME Development Project