Overview of North Africa
North African countries hold an important place in the Bank Group's history: all were present in Khartoum (Sudan), when newly independent African countries gathered to discuss the creation of a premier financial institution for Africans, by Africans. All signed the Agreement establishing the Bank in 1964, and all, with the exception of Libya, subscribed to the Bank's capital stock, contributing upwards of USD80 million (or about 40%) in funds so that operations could begin in 1967.
- 14/09/2017 - Le directeur général de la BAD pour la Région Afrique du Nord en visite de travail au Maroc
- 07/09/2017 - Africa50 to Announce New Strategy, New Investments, and New Members at its Shareholder Meeting in Dakar on September 12
- 05/09/2017 - AfDB approves US $55-million (including US$ 7 million from GEF) loan for three Solar PV Projects in Egypt
- 16/10/2017 - 21/10/2017 - AfDB President, 2017 World Food Prize Laureate, participates in Borlaug Dialogue International Symposium
- 30/10/2017 - 31/10/2017 - Event Financing Private Sector Development- What works, what does not and why?
- 21/11/2017 - 22/11/2017 - Invitation to the High level Ministerial Dialogue and Flagship Launch of Post-Harvest Losses and Agro-Processing (PHAP)
- 04/12/2017 - 06/12/2017 - African Economic Conference 2017 to focus on Governance for Structural Transformation
Did you know?
As of December 2015, the Bank Group’s portfolio in North Africa comprised over 124 approved and ongoing operations, with a total net commitment value of USD 6.26 billion, displaying the importance of the portfolio.
|P-TN-HAB-005|| PROGRAMME PMES AFRICAINES - LOC HANNIBAL LEASE ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-MA-K00-013|| PROGRAMME D’APPUI A L'ACCÉLÉRATION DE L’INDUSTRIALISATION AU MAROC (I) ||ApprovedAPVD|
Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Office (RDIB)
Director General, Mr. Mohamed El Azizi
African Development Bank Group
Avenue du Dollar, Les Berges Du Lac II, Tunis 1053, Tunisia
Tel: (+216) 71102953
Fax: (+216) 71194523