Overview of North Africa
North African countries hold an important place in the Bank Group's history: all were present in Khartoum (Sudan), when newly independent African countries gathered to discuss the creation of a premier financial institution for Africans, by Africans. All signed the Agreement establishing the Bank in 1964, and all, with the exception of Libya, subscribed to the Bank's capital stock, contributing upwards of USD80 million (or about 40%) in funds so that operations could begin in 1967.
- 14/11/2018 - 111 nouvelles start-up tunisiennes célébrées par Souk At-tanmia
- 13/11/2018 - Egypt’s private sector wins big at the Africa Investment Forum, sees Forum promoting investment opportunities
- 12/11/2018 - African Development Bank and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development invest €150 million in sanitation in Tunisia
- 16/11/2018 - 16/11/2018 - African Development Institute to host Women’s Rights advocate, Graca Machel, to deliver the 22nd Eminent Speakers’ Lecture Series on Friday, 16 November 2018
- 26/11/2018 - 29/11/2018 - African Development Bank to showcase projects at the 2018 Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA) Week in Zimbabwe
- 29/11/2018 - 29/11/2018 - African Development Bank Pre-TICAD7 Seminar on Investing in Africa
- 03/12/2018 - 05/12/2018 - 2018 African Economic Conference to focus on innovative solutions to impediments to Africa’s regional and continental integration
Did you know?
As of December 2015, the Bank Group’s portfolio in North Africa comprised over 124 approved and ongoing operations, with a total net commitment value of USD 6.26 billion, displaying the importance of the portfolio.
|P-MA-AA0-003|| PROGRAMME D’APPUI AU DÉVELOPPEMENT INCLUSIF ET DURABLE DES FILIÈRES AGRICOLES (PADIDFA) ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-EG-K00-011|| ECONOMIC GOVERNANCE AND ENERGY SUPPORT PROGRAM III ||OngoingOnGo|
Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Office (RDIB)
Director General, Mr. Mohamed El Azizi
African Development Bank Group
Avenue du Dollar, Les Berges Du Lac II, Tunis 1053, Tunisia
Tel: (+216) 71102953
Fax: (+216) 71194523