Overview of North Africa
North African countries hold an important place in the Bank Group's history: all were present in Khartoum (Sudan), when newly independent African countries gathered to discuss the creation of a premier financial institution for Africans, by Africans. All signed the Agreement establishing the Bank in 1964, and all, with the exception of Libya, subscribed to the Bank's capital stock, contributing upwards of USD80 million (or about 40%) in funds so that operations could begin in 1967.
- 20/04/2017 - Carole Wamuyu Wainaina, named Chief Operating Officer for Africa50
- 09/04/2017 - Bank President addresses issues of youth employment, access to energy and gender equality during 10th Mo Ibrahim Governance Weekend
- 08/04/2017 - Adesina visits the Marrakech-Menara airport, an impressive project financed by the AfDB
- 18/04/2017 - 23/04/2017 - Famine, fragility and infrastructure development on the agenda at World Bank-IMF Spring Meetings
- 26/04/2017 - 26/04/2017 - AfDB and London Stock Exchange launch "Companies to inspire Africa" in Abidjan
- 22/05/2017 - 26/05/2017 - 2017 African Development Bank Annual Meetings: “Transforming Agriculture for Wealth Creation in Africa”
Did you know?
As of December 2015, the Bank Group’s portfolio in North Africa comprised over 124 approved and ongoing operations, with a total net commitment value of USD 6.26 billion, displaying the importance of the portfolio.
|P-MA-AAC-016|| Projet d'appui au programme national d'économie d'eau d'irrigation au Maroc (PAPNEEI-II) ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-EG-K00-010|| ECONOMIC GOVERNANCE AND ENERGY SUPPORT PROGRAM II ||ApprovedAPVD|
Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Office (RDIB)
Director General, Mr. Mohamed El Azizi
African Development Bank Group
Avenue du Dollar, Les Berges Du Lac II, Tunis 1053, Tunisia
Tel: (+216) 71102953
Fax: (+216) 71194523