Since the start of its operations in Algeria in 1971, the Bank Group approved 40 operations for a total cumulative amount of almost UA 2.1 billion.
The sector distribution of operations shows that the infrastructure sector (transport, water and sanitation, energy) represents 43 per cent of approvals, followed by programs to support reforms (22 per cent), financial sector and industry (20 per cent), agriculture (11 per cent) and education (four per cent).
- Growth reached an estimated 3.9% in 2015, mostly driven by agriculture and a rebound in oil and gas activity.
- With approximately 49% of government revenues and 96% of exports depending on the oil sector, the drop in oil prices has reduced budgetary and external savings, underscoring the need to diversify the sources of public finance.
- A process of urban transition begun in 1987-88 has led to 70% of the population’s 40 million people living in urban areas by 2015.
|Area:||2,382,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2015:||39.2 Million|
|Urban Population 2015:||74.68%|
|Female Population 2015:||49.44%|
|GDP:||US$ 209.3 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 5,020|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||24.31%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||93|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.713|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2015):||UA 1.9 Billion|
|P-DZ-EAZ-003|| ASSISTANCE TECHNIQUE POUR L'ELABORATION D'UN SIG AU PROFIT DE L'ANRH ||OngoingOnGo|
|P-DZ-B00-001|| ETUDE SUR LA DIVERSIFICATION ECONOMIQUE EN ALGERIE |
- 06/01/2017 - Measuring inclusive growth: from theory to applications in north africa
- 24/11/2016 - AfDB and Algeria sign €900-million loan agreement to support the country’s industrial and energy competitiveness
- 02/11/2016 - AfDB approves €900 million for Algeria’s Industrial and Energy Support programme
Bureau national de l'Algérie
Groupe de la Banque africaine de développement
3 Rue Hamdani Lahcène, Hydra
Tél : (213) 21 43 53 95
Fax : (213) 21 43 53 92
M. Boubacar Traore, Représentant Résident
Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Office (RDIB)
Director General, Mr. Mohamed El Azizi
African Development Bank Group
Avenue du Dollar, Les Berges Du Lac II, Tunis 1053, Tunisia
Tel: (+216) 71102953
Fax: (+216) 71194523