Since the start of its operations in Algeria in 1971, the Bank Group approved 40 operations for a total cumulative amount of almost UA 2.1 billion.
The sector distribution of operations shows that the infrastructure sector (transport, water and sanitation, energy) represents 43 per cent of approvals, followed by programs to support reforms (22 per cent), financial sector and industry (20 per cent), agriculture (11 per cent) and education (four per cent).
- The economy expanded by 4% in 2014, driven mainly by the recovering oil and gas sector, with further growth of 3.9% forecast in 2015 and 4.0% in 2016.
- To cope with the drop in oil prices since June 2014, the government has taken various steps, including the possible funding of public investments by local banks.
- Faced with major disparities in spatial distribution, the biggest country in Africa (2.38 million km²) has a spatial inclusion policy that includes a development strategy and measures to strengthen local government.
|Area:||2,382,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2015:||39.2 Million|
|Urban Population 2015:||74.68%|
|Female Population 2015:||49.44%|
|GDP:||US$ 209.3 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 5,020|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||24.31%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||93|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.713|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2015):||UA 1.9 Billion|
|P-Z1-CZ0-013|| RÉHABILITATION ET RENFORCEMENT DE LA RÉSILIENCE DES SYSTÈMES DU BASSIN DU LAC TCHAD_CAMEROUN |
|P-Z1-CZ0-014|| RÉHABILITATION ET RENFORCEMENT DE LA RÉSILIENCE DES SYSTÈMES DU BASSIN DU LAC TCHAD_NIGER |
- 06/01/2017 - Measuring inclusive growth: from theory to applications in north africa
- 24/11/2016 - AfDB and Algeria sign €900-million loan agreement to support the country’s industrial and energy competitiveness
- 02/11/2016 - AfDB approves €900 million for Algeria’s Industrial and Energy Support programme
Bureau national de l'Algérie
Groupe de la Banque africaine de développement
3 Rue Hamdani Lahcène, Hydra
Tél : (213) 21 43 53 95
Fax : (213) 21 43 53 92
M. Boubacar Traore, Représentante Résidente
Department North Africa Region
Director North Africa Region, Mr. Jacob Kolster
African Development Bank Group
Avenue du Dollar, Les Berges Du Lac II, Tunis 1053, Tunisia
Tel: (+216) 71102953
Fax: (+216) 71194523