Since resuming operations in the country in 2001, at the end of civil war, the Bank Group has regularly provided diversified support to Angola’s development efforts characterized by the following sector distribution: agriculture, rural development and environment (49%); social, including health and education (27%); water and sanitation (16%); and multi-sector (8%). To date, the AfDB Group has provided eight loans valued at a total of US $122.4 billion.
- Angola’s economy grew by 3.8% in 2015, and GDP growth will remain subdued, at 3.3% in 2016 and 3.5% in 2017, due to lower crude oil prices.
- Policies to accelerate economic diversification and strengthen human development and equitable growth are needed to reduce vulnerability to external shocks.
- Investment in economic and social infrastructure is needed to enhance the sustainability of the country’s urbanisation process.
|Area:||1,246,700 sq km|
|Total Population 2017:||26.7 Million|
|Urban Population 2017:||73.50%|
|Female Population 2017:||49.70%|
|GDP:||US$ 104.6 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 4,180|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||44.10%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 188):||150|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.533|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2016):||UA 1.4 Billion|
|P-AO-IA0-006|| Projet d'enseignement Supérieur la science et la technologie (HEST) ||OngoingOnGo|
|P-AO-HAB-003|| LINE OF CREDIT TO BANCO POUPANCA E CREDITO SA ||OngoingOnGo|
- 14/07/2017 - Study calls for comprehensive reforms in Angola's education system to respond to country’s economic diversification agenda
- 26/04/2017 - Angola – AfDB country support strategy focuses on Agricultural Transformation and Infrastructure Development for Inclusive Growth
- 19/09/2016 - Talks seek to entrench African ideals in education
Angola field office
Banco Africano de Desenvolvimento
Rua Comandante Gika No.3, Edifício Garden Towers, 18o Andar, Torre B, Alvalade-Luanda.
Tel : +244 937240847/ +244 930049256/+244 935565656
Mr. Septime Martin, Resident Representative
African Development Bank Group
339 Witch-Hazel Avenue
Highveld Ext. 78
Centurion, South Africa
Tel: +27 12 003 6900