Since resuming operations in the country in 2001, at the end of civil war, the Bank Group has regularly provided diversified support to Angola’s development efforts characterized by the following sector distribution: agriculture, rural development and environment (49%); social, including health and education (27%); water and sanitation (16%); and multi-sector (8%). To date, the AfDB Group has provided eight loans valued at a total of US $122.4 billion.
- Angola’s economy grew by 1.1% in 2016 but is expected to pick up to 2.3% in 2017, and further to 3.2% in 2018, owing to planned increase in public spending and improved terms-of-trade as oil price recovers.
- Angola needs to increase investment in human capital, pursue economic diversification to reduce economic vulnerability in order to graduate to middle-income status by 2021.
- Development of local industries and strengthening of entrepreneurship skills is critical to strengthen economic recovery and foster inclusive growth.
|Area:||1,246,700 sq km|
|Total Population 2017:||26.7 Million|
|Urban Population 2017:||73.50%|
|Female Population 2017:||49.70%|
|GDP:||US$ 104.6 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 4,180|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||44.10%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 188):||150|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.533|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2016):||UA 1.4 Billion|
|P-AO-IA0-006|| Projet d'enseignement Supérieur la science et la technologie (HEST) ||OngoingOnGo|
|P-AO-HAB-003|| LINE OF CREDIT TO BANCO POUPANCA E CREDITO SA ||OngoingOnGo|
- 14/07/2017 - Study calls for comprehensive reforms in Angola's education system to respond to country’s economic diversification agenda
- 26/04/2017 - Angola – AfDB country support strategy focuses on Agricultural Transformation and Infrastructure Development for Inclusive Growth
- 19/09/2016 - Talks seek to entrench African ideals in education
Angola Country office
Banco Africano de Desenvolvimento
Rua Comandante Gika No.3, Edifício Garden Towers, 18o Andar, Torre B, Alvalade-Luanda.
Tel : +244 222 701 000/ +244 930 049 256
Fax: +244 222 035 788
Mr. Joseph Ribeiro, Country Manager
African Development Bank Group
339 Witch-Hazel Avenue
Highveld Ext. 78
Centurion, South Africa
Tel: +27 12 003 6900