Cooperation between the African Development Bank) and Botswana dates back to 1972. As of October 2012, the Bank had financed 50 operations (41 loan projects, seven institutional support operations, and two studies) valued at approximately US $2.1 billion. Bank-funded projects are primarily in the areas of infrastructure (power, transport, water and sanitation, communication), agriculture, finance and multi-sector.
- The economy recovered in 2016 to 2.9%, driven by the rebound in the global diamond market.
- Growth prospects remain favourable but crucially depend on continued rebound in the global diamond market, improved reliability in electricity and water supply, as well as reforms.
- Reducing vulnerability to adverse shocks will require accelerating the pace of reforms aimed at enhancing competitiveness and improving the business climate to promote industrialisation and entrepreneurship.
|Area:||582,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2017:||2.3 Million|
|Urban Population 2017:||73.50%|
|Female Population 2017:||49.70%|
|GDP:||US$ 11.5 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 6,510|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||23.60%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 188):||108|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.698|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2016):||UA 1.6 Billion|
|P-BW-HB0-004|| MIC TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE GRANT TO BOTSWANA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-BW-HB0-003|| LINE OF CREDIT TO BOTSWANA DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION ||ApprovedAPVD|
- 14/02/2017 - The AWF and NEPAD-IPPF Foster Climate Resilient Water Resources Development in Southern Africa
- 29/11/2016 - The African Water Facility promotes sustainable growth through climate resilient water resources development in Southern Africa
- 28/04/2016 - AfDB supports Botswana’s economic diversification programme