- Economic growth decelerated to 0.3% in 2016 although it is expected to rebound to 1.1% in 2017 and higher in later years.
- Growth prospects will be driven by moderately stronger global growth, more favourable weather conditions, reliable electricity supply, less volatile labour relations, recovering business and consumer confidence, and stabilising commodity prices.
- The industrialisation strategy is geared towards promoting entrepreneurship, which will also help to generate employment.
|Area:||1,221,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2017:||55.4 Million|
|Urban Population 2017:||73.50%|
|Female Population 2017:||49.70%|
|GDP:||US$ 276.1 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 6,050|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||19.90%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 188):||119|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.666|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2016):||UA 4.3 Billion|
|P-ZA-HB0-003|| HOUSING INVESTMENT PARTNERS TRUST - HIP2 ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-ZA-KA0-002|| SOUTH AFRICA MUNICIPAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE PROJECT ||ApprovedAPVD|
- 19/08/2017 - AfDB President makes clarion call for action on challenges hampering growth at 37th SADC Heads of State Summit
- 19/08/2017 - Speech delivered by Akinwumi A. Adesina, President of the African Development Bank Group, at the 37th Summit of the Heads of State and Governments of the Southern Africa Development Community, August 19-20, 2017, Pretoria, South Africa
- 18/08/2017 - AfDB signs Host Country Agreement with South Africa establishing Southern Africa Regional Development and Business Delivery Office