- Economic growth decelerated to 0.3% in 2016 although it is expected to rebound to 1.1% in 2017 and higher in later years.
- Growth prospects will be driven by moderately stronger global growth, more favourable weather conditions, reliable electricity supply, less volatile labour relations, recovering business and consumer confidence, and stabilising commodity prices.
- The industrialisation strategy is geared towards promoting entrepreneurship, which will also help to generate employment.
|Area:||1,221,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2017:||55.4 Million|
|Urban Population 2017:||73.50%|
|Female Population 2017:||49.70%|
|GDP:||US$ 276.1 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 6,050|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||19.90%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 188):||119|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.666|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2016):||UA 4.3 Billion|
|P-ZA-HB0-003|| HOUSING INVESTMENT PARTNERS TRUST - HIP2 ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-ZA-KA0-002|| SOUTH AFRICA MUNICIPAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE PROJECT ||ApprovedAPVD|
- 03/10/2017 - Bank Group approves second monitoring report on updated Management Action Plan for the Medupi Power Project in South Africa
- 29/09/2017 - AfDB approves US$200 million to IDC to support industrialisation projects in Africa.
- 19/08/2017 - AfDB President makes clarion call for action on challenges hampering growth at 37th SADC Heads of State Summit