- GDP growth declined from 1.5% in 2014 to 1.3% in 2015, and is expected to weaken further to 0.7% in 2016. Electricity shortages, low commodity prices and low consumer and business confidence continue to restrain the growth of economic activity.
- Slow progress in delivering economic and social services in townships and rural areas remains one of the major challenges to government.
- South African cities are dynamic poles of socio-economic activity facing high inequality and environmental risks.
|Area:||1,221,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2015:||52.8 Million|
|Urban Population 2015:||62.88%|
|Female Population 2015:||51.46%|
|GDP:||US$ 335.4 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 7,610|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||20.85%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||121|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.629|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2015):||UA 4.3 Billion|
|P-ZA-IA0-002|| MIC - EDUCATION FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT IN NATURAL MINERAL RESOURCES MANAG. OPERATION (MIC-ESDA) ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-ZA-F00-005|| ESKOM II POWER PROJECT ||ApprovedAPVD|
- 20/01/2017 - UN World Data Forum wraps up with launch of Cape Town Global Action Plan for Sustainable Development Data
- 17/01/2017 - Inaugural UN World Data Forum aims to advance innovative solutions on better data for sustainable development
- 19/12/2016 - A decade of AfDB’s development results report, published