- Economic growth slowed down in 2015 to 1.7%, mainly because of severe drought, with prospects in 2016 and 2017 remaining poor.
- he political scene has remained relatively calm since the September 2013 elections, but the ranking in participation and human rights remains low.
- Increased urbanisation has resulted in development tensions and challenges that the government remains committed to address so as to ensure maximum economic benefit and sustainability.
|Area:||17,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2017:||1.3 Million|
|Urban Population 2017:||73.50%|
|Female Population 2017:||49.70%|
|GDP:||US$ 3.3 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 3,230|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||28.50%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 188):||148|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.541|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2016):||UA 390.4 Million|
|P-SZ-AAC-005|| Lower Usuthu Smallholder Irriga Proj II ||OngoingOnGo|
|P-SZ-EAZ-001|| MBABANE MANZINI CORRIDOR MULTIPURPOSE DAM FEASIBLITY STUDY ||OngoingOnGo|
- 09/05/2017 - Official launch in Swaziland of ADEA mobile application for capturing teacher and learner attendance
- 09/05/2016 - Swaziland secures US $63-million AfDB loan to finance smallholder irrigation project
- 23/10/2015 - ACCF grants USD 1.35 million to enhance climate finance readiness in Cape Verde, Kenya and Swaziland