- Economic growth slowed down in 2015 to 1.7%, mainly because of severe drought, with prospects in 2016 and 2017 remaining poor.
- he political scene has remained relatively calm since the September 2013 elections, but the ranking in participation and human rights remains low.
- Increased urbanisation has resulted in development tensions and challenges that the government remains committed to address so as to ensure maximum economic benefit and sustainability.
|Area:||17,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2015:||1.3 Million|
|Urban Population 2015:||21.16%|
|Female Population 2015:||50.67%|
|GDP:||US$ 3.3 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 2,860|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||29.87%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||141|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.536|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2015):||UA 347.1 Million|
|P-SZ-AAC-005|| Lower Usuthu Smallholder Irriga Proj II ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-SZ-EAZ-001|| MBABANE MANZINI CORRIDOR MULTIPURPOSE DAM FEASIBLITY STUDY ||OngoingOnGo|
- 09/05/2016 - Swaziland secures US $63-million AfDB loan to finance smallholder irrigation project
- 23/10/2015 - ACCF grants USD 1.35 million to enhance climate finance readiness in Cape Verde, Kenya and Swaziland
- 22/04/2015 - Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All) initiative launched in six new central and southern Africa countries
African Development Bank Group
339 Witch-Hazel Avenue
Highveld Ext. 78
Centurion, South Africa
Tel: +27 12 003 6900
Ms. Tonia KANDIERO, Director General