- Economic growth remains strong but still relies on exporting raw materials, especially crops, which are subject to variations in global prices and climate risks.
- Significant progress has been made in access to health care, education and social protection, but the past five years’ growth does not cover the strong social demand.
- Major political reforms were undertaken in 2016 in a context still marked by a weak opposition and large protests.
|Area:||322,460 sq km|
|Total Population 2017:||23.8 Million|
|Urban Population 2017:||73.50%|
|Female Population 2017:||49.70%|
|GDP:||US$ 38.5 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 1,410|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||36.40%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 188):||171|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.474|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2016):||UA 2.3 Billion|
|P-GA-C00-001|| APPUI TECHNIQUE AU PROGRAMME NATIONAL D’EVALUATION ENVIRONNEMENTALE DES SITES INDUSTRIELS ET DES S ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-MG-CZ0-002|| PROJET D’AMELIORATION DE L’EFFICACITE POUR LA REDUCTION DES RISQUES DE CATASTROPHES ||ApprovedAPVD|
- 16/11/2017 - African Governments and Off-Grid Energy Industry take steps to accelerate progress towards Universal Energy Access
- 13/11/2017 - Invitation to the Leadership for Agriculture Forum: from policy to action
- 08/11/2017 - AfDB Group approves €98m loans and €17m partial risk guarantee for Air Côte d’Ivoire program to boost regional aviation industry and open up new markets
West Africa Region
Mr. M. Janvier LITSE, Director West Africa Region
African Development Bank Group
24ème Etage, Immeuble CCIA, Plateau
01 Boite Postale 1387 Abidjan 01
TEL. : (+225) 20 26 40 47