Cooperation between the African Development Bank (AfDB) and Guinea dates back to 1974. As of October 2011, the Bank Group had financed 77 operations (58 projects, nine studies, seven institutional support operations and three non-project loans) valued at approximately US $818 million. Bank-funded projects are primarily in the areas of infrastructure/energy, agriculture, the social sector and multi-sector.
- In 2016, growth bounced back to 4.9% thanks to political appeasement and good performance in mining and agriculture after two years of weak growth (1.1% in 2014 and 0.1% in 2015) mainly due to the Ebola epidemic.
- Social cohesion and reducing inequalities have remained pressing challenges in a context of endemic poverty, which is worse in rural areas.
- Turning the authorities’ vision for change into economic and social progress is encumbered by a systemic shortage in the administration’s capacities and piecemeal, poorly co-ordinated implementation of decisions and actions.
|Area:||245,857 sq km|
|Total Population 2017:||13.3 Million|
|Urban Population 2017:||73.50%|
|Female Population 2017:||49.70%|
|GDP:||US$ 5.7 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 470|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||35.50%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 188):||183|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.414|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2016):||UA 820.5 Million|
|P-GA-C00-001|| APPUI TECHNIQUE AU PROGRAMME NATIONAL D’EVALUATION ENVIRONNEMENTALE DES SITES INDUSTRIELS ET DES S ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-MG-CZ0-002|| PROJET D’AMELIORATION DE L’EFFICACITE POUR LA REDUCTION DES RISQUES DE CATASTROPHES ||ApprovedAPVD|
- 27/10/2017 - African Development Fund paves way for Guinea-Sierra Leone border road reconstruction with €48 million loan and grant finance
- 13/09/2017 - Africa50 is partner of choice for economic transformation, Adesina tells shareholders
- 29/06/2017 - Liberian President Sirleaf launches AfDB-funded power grid project to supply electricity to Mano River Union nations
Bureau de Liaison de la Guinée
Immeuble « Air France » Ex Fria Base, 7ème Etage
Quartier Almamya, Kaloum
Tél : (+224) 669279031 / (+224) 620202073
M. Olivier Manlan, Economiste Pays Résident
West Africa Region
Mr. M. Janvier LITSE, Director West Africa Region
African Development Bank Group
24ème Etage, Immeuble CCIA, Plateau
01 Boite Postale 1387 Abidjan 01
TEL. : (+225) 20 26 40 47