Cooperation between the African Development Bank (AfDB) and Guinea dates back to 1974. As of October 2011, the Bank Group had financed 77 operations (58 projects, nine studies, seven institutional support operations and three non-project loans) valued at approximately US $818 million. Bank-funded projects are primarily in the areas of infrastructure/energy, agriculture, the social sector and multi-sector.
- The Ebola epidemic ended in December 2015, but left the country in a state of devastation, with near-zero growth, a budget deficit of more than 7% of GDP and major constraints on its capacity to accelerate essential reforms to relaunch development and transform the economy structurally.
- Progress has been slow to materialise in the social sectors, with poverty on the increase, made worse by the negative impact of Ebola on income-generating activities and by spending on presidential elections.
- Rapid, poorly controlled urbanisation is adding to social pressures, and implementation of the national housing policy (Vision Habitat 2021) is a national priority that should place young people at the centre of challenges and issues that lie ahead.
|Area:||245,857 sq km|
|Total Population 2015:||11.8 Million|
|Urban Population 2015:||36.39%|
|Female Population 2015:||49.92%|
|GDP:||US$ 6.6 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 440|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||36.92%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 187):||178|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.355|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2015):||UA 804.0 Million|
|P-Z1-CZ0-013|| RÉHABILITATION ET RENFORCEMENT DE LA RÉSILIENCE DES SYSTÈMES DU BASSIN DU LAC TCHAD_CAMEROUN |
|P-Z1-CZ0-014|| RÉHABILITATION ET RENFORCEMENT DE LA RÉSILIENCE DES SYSTÈMES DU BASSIN DU LAC TCHAD_NIGER |
- 23/02/2017 - AfDB to open field offices in Benin, Guinea and Niger
- 24/11/2016 - The African Development Bank Group appoints Dr. Ousmane Dore as Director General, Central Africa Regional Development and Business Delivery Office
- 30/08/2016 - Guinea becomes first African nation to contribute to the ALSF
Bureau de Liaison de la Guinée
Immeuble « Air France » Ex Fria Base, 7ème Etage
Quartier Almamya, Kaloum
Tél : (+224) 669279031 / (+224) 620202073
M. Olivier Manlan, Economiste Pays Résident
Department West Africa Region
Mr. Franck Perrault, Director West Africa Region
African Development Bank Group
24ème Etage, Immeuble CCIA, Plateau
01 Boite Postale 1387 Abidjan 01
Phone: (+225) 20 20 40 46