- Relying mainly on agriculture, real GDP growth rose from 4.1% in 2013 to 7.1% in 2014, and could reach 6.0% in 2015.
- Though the promotion of the private sector is still hindered by significant constraints, the government has taken steps to speed up the implementation of its medium-term development plan and encourage mining.
- The national land-use policy and the decentralisation policy address the problem of spatial inclusion, even though their impact is limited by challenges related to demographics, the transfer of resources and weak institutional capacities.
|Area:||1,267,000 sq km|
|Total Population 2017:||21.6 Million|
|Urban Population 2017:||73.50%|
|Female Population 2017:||49.70%|
|GDP:||US$ 7.4 Billion|
|GNI Per Capita 2015:||US$ 390|
|Crude Birth Rate (per 1000):||48.70%|
|Human Development Index (rank / 188):||187|
|Human Development Index (scale 0 to 1):||0.353|
|Cumulative Approvals (1967-2016):||UA 608.1 Million|
|P-GA-C00-001|| APPUI TECHNIQUE AU PROGRAMME NATIONAL D’EVALUATION ENVIRONNEMENTALE DES SITES INDUSTRIELS ET DES S ||ApprovedAPVD|
|P-MG-CZ0-002|| PROJET D’AMELIORATION DE L’EFFICACITE POUR LA REDUCTION DES RISQUES DE CATASTROPHES ||ApprovedAPVD|
- 15/06/2017 - AfDB and Export Trading Group (ETG) sign US$ 100 million non-sovereign guarantee corporate loan
- 09/06/2017 - Adesina calls on Mandela Washington Fellows to be change agents for Africa
- 08/06/2017 - AfDB approves €5 million equity investment to support small businesses in sub-Saharan Africa
West Africa Region
Mr. M. Janvier LITSE, Director West Africa Region
African Development Bank Group
24ème Etage, Immeuble CCIA, Plateau
01 Boite Postale 1387 Abidjan 01
TEL. : (+225) 20 26 40 47