An Action Plan for African Agricultural Transformation to be held at Abdou Diouf International Conference Center (CICAD) on 21-23 October 2015 in Dakar, Senegal, under the auspices of the President of the Republic of Senegal H.E. MACKY SALL. With participation of more than 500 participants, including Ministers of Economy, Finance and Agriculture; Governors of Central Banks; Representatives of Regional/ International Organizations, Civil Society and Private Sector.
Practical Information - Before your travel
Entry Visa to Senegal
Participants who need an entry visa to Senegal are kindly requested to make arrangements and apply for one in their countries of residence. Citizens from ECOWAS, European Union and other countries having special agreements with Senegal are exempted from entry visa. The validity of passports must be of at least six months starting from the date of entry to Senegal. For ECOWAS citizens, a national identity card would suffice for entry to Senegal.
For the Conference participants in need of visas, the Government of Senegal will facilitate and exceptionally issue visas on arrival at Dakar’s Léopold Sedar Senghor International Airport (an embarkation letter issued by the Government has been addressed to airline companies to facilitate the on-boarding procedures).
The duration of the stay will determine the type of visa that will be accorded to you upon arrival at Dakar’s Léopold Sedar Senghor International Airport
P.S. AfDB staff in acquisition of the AfDB Laissez-Passer are exempted from entry visas to Senegal.
Vaccinations are not required for entry to Senegal.
Support for participants invited by AfDB:
Participants whose participation is supported by AfDB will be provided with travel tickets, accommodation and a lump sum for other incidental expenses. All other personal expenses (mini bar, laundry, telephones, etc.) are the responsibility of the participants.
A team from AfDB and the host country will be available at the arrival lounge of Leopold Sedar Senghor International Airport, Dakar, to welcome participants. The team will also direct participants to the bus that will take them to the hotel. For return flights, participants will be informed of the departure time of the bus to the airport. Kindly note that schedules will be strictly respected.
Structure of the Program of the Conference:
The Program will be in two parts:
- a) Dialogue and conversations by key political leaders in the form High Level Panel discussions around key themes;
- b) Working sessions of the technical experts that will be articulated as the outcome of the High Level Leader consensus in the form of what should form the framework for the strategic direction of the African agriculture sector.
The technical experts will also outline an action plan for African agricultural transformation based on guidance received from sector leaders. The event will also feature an Exhibition of innovative agribusiness enterprises / schemes in Senegal. A Communique will conclude the proceedings.
The two working languages of the conference are French and English. Simultaneous interpretation into these languages will be available during all the sessions of the conference.
Some of the documents of the conference will be available on the AfDB website before the official opening of the conference. Participants in the conference will also receive a conference kit (bag containing documents, program and a name tag/badge). Access to the conference site will only be possible for badge holders.
The registration of participants will take place on 19-20 October 2015 at King Fahd Palace Hotel from 10h00 to 16h00. Starting from 21 October, the registration will take place at CICAD.
Participants may wish to visit the exhibitions, which will be held during the conference with the participation of farmers and organizations residing in Senegal. 10 – Lunch and Coffee Breaks: Throughout the duration of the Conference (21, 22 and 23 October 2015), lunch will be served at the site of the conference. Coffee breaks will also be served every day during the Conference.
General Information on Senegal
- Climate: According to forecasts, the temperature will be around 29° in October.
- Time zone: Senegal is at GMT+0.
- Official language: French is the official language of Senegal.
- Currency: The official currency of Senegal is the West Africa CFA Franc (XOF). One Euro is equivalent to 655.597 CFA Francs and one US$ is worth about 585 CFA Francs. There are numerous bureau de change around the airport and in the city.
- Electricity: current provided is 220 volts with two-pin sockets. If necessary, consider bringing your own adapters.
- Safety tips: As in all countries, there are precautions to take during your stay in Senegal. For your safety, in public places be careful of strangers offering services or wares.
Contact: Ken Johm
Abdou Diouf International Conference Center - Dakar, Senegal