You are here
Contract Awards - Multinational - Road Safety Audit of the Preliminary and Detailed Designs of the Abidjan- Lagos Corridor Highway
- Hold a pre-audit meeting with the ECOWAS Commission and other stakeholders to review project information available. The pre-audit meeting is to set the context for the Road Safety Audit by bringing together the staff of the Infrastructure Department on the ECOWAS Commission , the PIU, the Design Consultants, and the Road Safety Auditor to discuss the scope, objective of the audit and review all information available.
- Compilation of available road design texts and standards applicable by each Corridor Country or recommended by ECOWAS;
- Assist with the harmonization and validation of highway standards to be applied in the design of the highway
- Review of Design Reports and Drawings to gain insight into the project, identify preliminary areas of safety concern and prepare for the field visit.
- Undertake a field visit and inspect the project site, identify/verify and establish a clear understanding of safety concerns including locations with pedestrian traffic in relation to the documents reviewed and ensure that these safety concerns are adequately addressed in the design documents.............................