Independent Review Mechanism (IRM)
The mandate of the IRM (administered by Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (CRMU)) is to provide people adversely affected by a project financed by the African Development Bank Group (AfDB), with an independent mechanism through which they can request the AfDB to comply with its own policies and procedures.
The IRM intervenes when affected people or communities submit a complaint. In this way, the IRM can be considered as a recourse instrument for project affected people who have previously been unable to resolve their problems with the AfDB's Management.
|Guinea||Multinational – Road Development and Transport Facilitation Programme Within the Manu River Union ( Guinea Section)||Notice of Registration (28/11/2016)|
|Senegal||Construction of a 125 MW coal Sendou power plant in the village of Bargny Minam||Notice of Registration (10/08/2016)|
|Mali||Diversification of the Activities of "Moulins Modernes du Mali (M3)" Project in Mali||Notice of Registration (12/05/2016)|
Voice of the people
- 04/01/2017 - AfDB workshop on Independent Review Mechanism outlines complaints procedures for Bank-financed projects
- 25/03/2016 - AfDB workshop on Independent Review Mechanism outlines complaints procedures for Bank-financed projects
- 30/01/2015 - AfDB Board approves revised Resolution establishing Bank’s Independent Review Mechanism
- 22/10/2010 - Interview with Richard Bissell, member of AfDB Independent Review Mechanism Roster of Experts
- 24/06/2010 - AfDB Appoints Richard Bissell as Member of its Independent Review Mechanism