The mandate of the IRM (administered by Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (CRMU)) is to provide people adversely affected by a project financed by the African Development Bank Group (AfDB), with an independent mechanism through which they can request the AfDB to comply with its own policies and procedures.
The IRM intervenes when affected people or communities submit a complaint. In this way, the IRM can be considered as a recourse instrument for project affected people who have previously been unable to resolve their problems with the AfDB's Management.
|Guinea||Multinational – Road Development and Transport Facilitation Programme Within the Manu River Union ( Guinea Section)||Notice of Registration (28/11/2016)|
|Senegal||Construction of a 125 MW coal Sendou power plant in the village of Bargny Minam||Notice of Registration (10/08/2016)|
|Mali||Diversification of the Activities of "Moulins Modernes du Mali (M3)" Project in Mali||Notice of Registration (12/05/2016)|
- Date: 04 - 10 Juin 2017
- Location: Abidjan
Voice of the people
Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (CRMU) - BAD
BP 1387 Abidjan 01, Cote D'Ivoire, Immeuble du Centre de Commerce International D'Abidjan Avenue Jean Paul II | CCIA, 2nd Floor, 2A
- 30/05/2017 - AfDB to host Independent Review Mechanism experts to familiarize with the policies and procedures
- 20/04/2017 - African Development Bank to further examine social and environmental concerns on Sendou coal-fired power plant in Senegal
- 25/01/2017 - Workshop of the Independent Review Mechanism (IRM) in Cameroon
- 04/01/2017 - AfDB workshop on Independent Review Mechanism outlines complaints procedures for Bank-financed projects
- 25/03/2016 - AfDB workshop on Independent Review Mechanism outlines complaints procedures for Bank-financed projects