African Development Institute
- 18/02/2019 - African Union - African Development Bank, High Level Consultative Meeting Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- 18/02/2019 - Burkina Faso : la Banque africaine de développement engagée dans la lutte contre la malnutrition et la pauvreté au Sahel
- 15/02/2019 - Third review of African Development Bank’s Independent Review Mechanism to take place this year
- 13/02/2019 - Increasing the economic momentum of Africa-Korea partnerships to advance Africa’s agro-industrialization
- 12/02/2019 - Madagascar: African Development Bank agriculture infrastructure projects revive local economies of Indian Ocean island nation
AfDB manages a large portfolio of operations in different sectors and countries in Africa and it ensures that its operations yield results on the ground. The effective implementation of these operations depends not only on design and supervision but also on the capability of those who manage them. Therefore, to enhance development effectiveness and knowledge-sharing in Africa, the AfDB has recently approved a capacity development strategy under which the African Development Institute (ADI) is the focal point.
The African Development Bank’s Eminent Speakers Lecture Series was launched in 2006, and is organized by the Complex of the Chief Economist and Vice-President, Economic Governance and Knowledge Management (ECVP). The purpose of the lecture series is to provide a platform for a robust exchange of ideas to meet the challenges of African development.
The Bank is partnering with international and national development agencies to deliver capacity building programs, each in their area of expertise, in order to produce synergies and complementarities. The ADI develops an active partnership with donors, development agencies, training institutes, universities, and private sector organizations within and outside the continent.