African Development Institute
- 24/06/2019 African Development Bank calls for boost to private sector investments as well as fiscal and debt sustainability at T20 Summit in Tokyo
- 24/06/2019 Construire ensemble la ville ivoirienne de demain
- 24/06/2019 Nigeria: Ekiti State Governor visits African Development Bank, makes a case for increased investment in his region.
- 21/06/2019 La Banque africaine de développement réaffirme son engagement à soutenir Inga, un projet stratégique pour la RDC et le reste du continent
- 21/06/2019 Côte d’Ivoire : le premier projet de pôle agro-industriel, financé par la Banque africaine de développement, pose ses jalons à Yamoussoukro
AfDB manages a large portfolio of operations in different sectors and countries in Africa and it ensures that its operations yield results on the ground. The effective implementation of these operations depends not only on design and supervision but also on the capability of those who manage them. Therefore, to enhance development effectiveness and knowledge-sharing in Africa, the AfDB has recently approved a capacity development strategy under which the African Development Institute (ADI) is the focal point.
The African Development Bank’s Eminent Speakers Lecture Series was launched in 2006, and is organized by the Complex of the Chief Economist and Vice-President, Economic Governance and Knowledge Management (ECVP). The purpose of the lecture series is to provide a platform for a robust exchange of ideas to meet the challenges of African development.
The Bank is partnering with international and national development agencies to deliver capacity building programs, each in their area of expertise, in order to produce synergies and complementarities. The ADI develops an active partnership with donors, development agencies, training institutes, universities, and private sector organizations within and outside the continent.