- 21/01/2019 - Nigeria: Fertilizer Project Raises Yields by Over 50%, Showcases Successful PPP’s
- 18/01/2019 - Mozambique: transformation of small-scale farm industry results in promising rice crop production
- 11/01/2019 - Seychelles launches new HR policy and strategy 2018-2022
- 27/12/2018 - Mainstreaming resilience and financing for sustainable and inclusive urban development in Africa
- 27/12/2018 - African Development Bank to raise over US$7 billion from capital markets for investment in African economies in 2019
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) holds that if the fight against poverty has to be won, there must be improvements in the quality and quantity of statistical data on all components of development. Reliable data is critical to setting goals and targets as well as evaluating project impact. Reliable data constitutes the single most convincing way of getting the people involved in what their leaders and institutions are doing. It also helps them to get involved in the development process, thus giving them a sense of ownership of the entire development process.
Compendium of Statistics on Bank Group Operations is an annual publication of the African Development Bank Group, presenting data on operational activities of the Bank Group. Part One gives cross-country statistics on Bank operations and Part Two provides country-specific information on each regional member country of the Bank. The present publication was prepared in the Economic and Social Statistics Division of the Statistics Department.
Over the last several years, the AfDB has steadily intensified its statistical capacity building activities in African countries motivated by the need for reliable and up-to-date data for better measuring, monitoring and managing for development results. Its activities have, so far, focused on improving the availability and quality of data and on strengthening the institutional capacity of African countries with a view to producing these data.