- 20/02/2019 - African Development Bank and partners unite in major push against malnutrition −‘the silent killer’
- 18/02/2019 - African Union - African Development Bank, High Level Consultative Meeting Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- 18/02/2019 - Burkina Faso: African Development Bank committed to fighting malnutrition and poverty in the Sahel
- 15/02/2019 - Third review of African Development Bank’s Independent Review Mechanism to take place this year
- 13/02/2019 - Increasing the economic momentum of Africa-Korea partnerships to advance Africa’s agro-industrialization
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) holds that if the fight against poverty has to be won, there must be improvements in the quality and quantity of statistical data on all components of development. Reliable data is critical to setting goals and targets as well as evaluating project impact. Reliable data constitutes the single most convincing way of getting the people involved in what their leaders and institutions are doing. It also helps them to get involved in the development process, thus giving them a sense of ownership of the entire development process.
Compendium of Statistics on Bank Group Operations is an annual publication of the African Development Bank Group, presenting data on operational activities of the Bank Group. Part One gives cross-country statistics on Bank operations and Part Two provides country-specific information on each regional member country of the Bank. The present publication was prepared in the Economic and Social Statistics Division of the Statistics Department.
Over the last several years, the AfDB has steadily intensified its statistical capacity building activities in African countries motivated by the need for reliable and up-to-date data for better measuring, monitoring and managing for development results. Its activities have, so far, focused on improving the availability and quality of data and on strengthening the institutional capacity of African countries with a view to producing these data.