You are here
Mali: Food and Nutrition Enhancement #FeedAfrica
Project name: Koulikoro Region Food and Nutrition Security Enhancement Project (PRESAN-KL)
- Develop new irrigated perimeters.
- Set up garden lots.
- Develop infrastructure for storage, processing and marketing of agricultural products.
- Rehabilitate markets.
- Boost agricultural production with a target of 10,600 tonnes of rice and 20,300 tonnes of fruit and vegetables.
I chose to sell vegetables because they are produced here at home. In the evenings, I go out to buy vegetables from producers in their fields and sell them the next day. This market is really important because it is the biggest in the area.
- Harvests have risen dramatically, with local families reaping the benefits.
- Improved food security for some 178,000 people
- Reduction of poverty in the region
- Establishment of a source of food supply for the northern region, which suffers ongoing security threats.