9th AfDB/OECD International Economic Forum on Africa
|Date:||04/06/2009 08:00 17:30|
|Location:||French Ministry of Economy, Industry and Employment 139, rue de Bercy - 75012 Paris|
|Organiser:||The OECD Development Centre, the African Development Bank and the Economic Commission for Africa of the United Nations, in partnership with the French Ministry of Economy, Industry and Employment|
The African Development Bank (AfDB), the OECD Development Centre and the Economic Commission for Africa of the United Nations (ECA), in partnership with the French Ministry of Economy, Industry and Employment, on June 5, 2009, in Paris, France, organize the 9th International Economic Forum on Africa. Over 500 journalists, business people, development cooperation professionals, researchers, civil society representatives and students debate the findings of the latest edition of the African Economic Outlook (AEO). The AEO, an annual report by the AfDB, the OECD and the ECA, offers a comprehensive overview of the economic, social and political development of the continent.
Meet the challenges posed by international financial crisis
The ninth edition of the World Economic Forum on Africa opened on June 5th, in Paris, France, with Bank Group Chief Economist, Louis Kasekende, making introductory remarks. On behalf of Bank Group President, Donald Kaberuka, the AfDB chief Economist made a presentation on the continent’s economic situation within the context of the global financial crisis.
- Press Digest (261 kB)
- Paris, June 5, 2009-Remarks by AfDB Chief Economist at the 9th International Economic Forum on Africa (154 kB)
- Presentation-Africa and the global crisis Impact and way forward by OECD (1.20 MB)
- Presentation-Africa and the global crisis will growth hold by AfDB (2.08 MB)
- Presentation-How Can Africa Weather the Crisis by OECD (2.72 MB)
- Presentation-“Innovation and ICTs to build tomorrow’s Africa” by OECD and ICT (2.40 MB)