AfDB President Donald Kaberuka to Visit Senegal
The President of the African Development Bank, Dr. Donald Kaberuka, will travel to Senegal from September 9-11 for an official visit. During his stay, he will meet with the President of the Republic, Macky Sall, and government officials to discuss cooperation between the West African country and the African Development Bank Group.
While in Senegal, Dr. Kaberuka will meet with the Bank’s technical and financial partners, and visit key infrastructure projects that have benefited from the Bank’s support, including the Dakar-Diamniadio toll highway and the container terminal in the port of Dakar.
The Bank’s investment in Senegal dates back to 1972 and has resulted in significant developments in that country. To date, the African Development Bank Group has invested approximately US $1.69 billion in projects in Senegal, the equivalent of 856,78 billion CFA francs.
Some Bank-funded projects that have positively impacted the country’s development include improvements to the Dakar-Bamako and Dakar-Conakry transport corridors; the new Blaise Diagne International Airport; the Kounoune power station; irrigation systems spanning 4,000 hectares in the regions of Fatick, Kedougou, Kolda and Tambacounda; and the development of agricultural cooperatives in the Casamance.
The AfDB’s Dakar office opened in 2005 and services Senegal, Cape Verde, the Gambia and Guinea-Bissau. Mrs. Leila Mokadem is the Bank’s Resident Representative for Dakar-Senegal regional office.
- AfDB Supports Senegal’s Private Sector Development with 4.5 Billion FCFA Loan
- “The AfDB will Continue to Provide Senegal with its Financial and Technical Support for Inclusive Growth” Says Donald Kaberuka
- AfDB-financed Mali-Senegal road project is awarded US Treasury development impact honors award
- Senegal: Kounoune Power Station
- Senegal: 125 MW Coal-Fired Power Plant in Sendou
- Blaise Diagne International Airport
- AfDB Finances Rural Development in Casamance in Senegal
- The AfDB Finances Local Small-scale Irrigation in Senegal
- Senegal: Rural Drinking Water and Sanitation Program (PEPAM)
- Dakar-Diamniado Toll Highway
- Container Terminal in the Port of Dakar