AfDB 2012 Partnerships Forum: Partnering for a Green and Inclusive Africa
The African Development Bank (AfDB) will hold its fourth annual Partnerships Forum on 22 – 23 March 2012 at Hotel Ramada Plaza-Gammarth in Tunis. The theme this year is “Transforming Partnerships towards a Green and Inclusive Africa”. Participants will include representatives of bilateral and multilateral donors, business sector, private foundations, knowledge institutions and CSOs.
The choice of Inclusive and Green Africa as the Forum’s theme is in response to the most pressing development challenges on the Continent, and in line with the Bank’s strategic focus. The Forum will be an important opportunity to deepen our dialogue with our development partners all around the world.
The Forum program is composed of plenary sessions engaging all stakeholders and open panel discussions. The interactive format provides an opportunity for the participants to share their perspectives, experiences, success stories and proven knowledge on how to promote sustainable and broad-based development. Furthermore, the discussion will explore innovative partnership opportunities, new business models related to social business and a green growth that will enable deeper transformation of the African economy in the rapidly changing global setting.
AfDB Agenda on Partnering for a Green and Inclusive Africa
The Bank will discuss its innovative approach and operational programs related to Green and Inclusive Growth in Africa with a view to providing platforms for development partners to join forces to maximize synergy and development impact on the ground.
AfDB’s Partnerships Objectives
The Partnerships and Cooperation Unit is the Bank’s focal point in promoting co-operation between the AfDB and external partners globally. The Unit coordinates the Bank’s partnerships building and management with traditional and emerging partners, multilateral and regional development agencies, knowledge and academic institutions, as well as non-state actors. Its overall goal is to mobilize additional finance, development knowledge and global networks to leverage the Bank’s own resources to meet the key development challenges in Africa.
- Agenda (460 kB)
- Presentation - Collection & Processing of Açaí residues into biomass as sustainable energy, social inclusion and the production of carbon credits (741 kB)
- Presentation - Transformational partnerships? - Drivers and constraints (440 kB)
- Presentation - A New Journey toward Green Growth (1.5 MB)
- Presentation - Towards the creation of the Africa Green Fund (AfGF) (733 kB)
- Presentation - Clim-Dev-Africa: A pan-African Partnership (3.0 MB)
- Presentation - Green and Inclusive Jobs: Innovation and Entrepreneurship - New Business Models (4.2 MB)
- Presentation - Green Jobs hold the promise of a triple dividend: sustainable enterprises; poverty reduction; and a job-centered economic recovery (1.2 MB)
- Presentation - Transformative Partnerships on Inclusive Development in Africa (532 kB)
- Presentation - Towards Green Growth in Africa: (2.8 MB)
- Presentation - The Power of Partnerships & Social Business (2.0 MB)
- Presentation - Social Entrepreneurship in North Africa (2.1 MB)
- Presentation - Social business solutions for Africa (4.0 MB)
- Presentation - Value for Money, Sustainability and Accountability for Human Development Results in Africa (1.8 MB)
- Presentation - AfDB Partnerships Forum 2012 Transforming Partnerships Towards a Green and Inclusive Africa (1.8 MB)
- Presentation - Inclusive Growth Challenge of a Generation? (1.7 MB)
- Presentation - Youth Employment in Africa - A Brief Overview and the ADB’s Response (1.2 MB)
- Presentation - Facing the technology revolution: New Education Model for Africa (NEMA) (2.1 MB)
- Presentation - Capacity Development for Inclusive Growth in Africa (1.3 MB)