The third edition of the Africa Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation (the 2018 Africa STI Forum) took place from 10 to 12 February 2018 in Cairo, Egypt.
The theme of this edition is: "Enhancing the competitiveness of the African private sector and transforming Africa through science, technology and innovation", which ties in with the African Development Bank's strategy and its priorities for the development of the continent, known as the High 5s.
This edition focuses on innovation in five sectors chosen for their strong potential to stimulate and transform Africa’s economies: climate change, nutrition, water, ICT and the pharmaceutical industry.
News & Speeches
- 23/02/2018 - Tackling Brain Drain through "Brain Circulation"
- 16/02/2018 - Strengthening Regional Collaboration on STI, Education & Research Networks in Africa
- 15/02/2018 - Africa commits to support youth to build tomorrow's society through innovation
- 13/02/2018 - Speech delivered by Dr. Akinwumi A. Adesina, President, African Development Bank, at the 3rd Africa Science, Technology and Innovation Forum, Cairo, Egypt, February 10, 2018
- 13/02/2018 - African Development Bank, Egyptian Government push for a new Africa driven by innovation
Fairmont Towers, Heliopolis