Power Sector Leadership Workshop on Governance and Loss Reduction
|Location:||Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire|
The Power Systems Development Department (PESD) of the African Development Bank (AfDB) and the Association of Power Utilities of Africa (APUA) will co-organize a Workshop on «Power Sector Leadership on Governance and Loss Reduction» on 9 and 10 November 2017, in the CCIA building, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
The forum will enable the Decision-Makers to share useful knowledges and inputs that can help improve their companies’ performance, supervisory systems and the sector’s feasibility. Moreover, the forum aims at:
- Starting new transformative system for Power Utility entities until full implementation of the ongoing mega programmes such as “the new deal on energy for Africa.”
- Following decent practices to reinforce reliability, performance and viability of Power Utilities through case studies, knowledge-sharing and adoption of advanced and digitalized solutions;
- Encouraging implementation of inter-utility pacts to sustain good criteria of the current competencies used in developed companies to support the utilities as required, in order to reduce technical assistance cost.
The event will feature PowerPoint presentations and Panel discussions covering the main issues related to electricity loss reduction and governance in Africa..
- Confirmed Decisions for the launch of a sustainable knowledge-sharing platform to include best practices and monitoring of a more efficient Power Sector, within the ANCEE framework.
- A follow-up system to be established to facilitate monitoring and information-sharing between the AfDB and APUA.
- Agreed Pacts among different utilities to adopt best practices and competencies used in larger organisations to assist those in need while reducing technical assistance cost.