President Donald Kaberuka’s Inauguration
AfDB President Promises to Build World-class Organization
The African Development Bank (AfDB) Group President, Donald Kaberuka, has expressed the determination of his team to transform the AfDB into a world-class institution. Mr. Kaberuka made the commitment on Wednesday, September 1, 2010, in Tunis during his swearing-in as the president of the continent’s leading development finance institution for a five-year term. Read More
AfDB President, Donald Kaberuka, Takes Oath of Office for Second Term
President Donald Kaberuka was sworn in Wednesday, September 1 in Tunis for a second five-year term (2010 -2015) at the head of the African Development Bank (ADB) Group. He committed to faithfully serve the institution and in accordance with the statutes and regulations contained in the AfDB Charter. He pledged to spare no effort in carrying the Bank’s mission to serve Africa. Read More
|President Donald Kaberuka’s Inauguration for a Second Term as President of the AfDB||Full Video|
|Speech by AfDB Group President, Donald Kaberuka||AfDB Board of Governors Chairman, Fernando Teixeira Dos Santos|
|Speech by Tunisian Prime Minister, Mohamed Ghannouchi|
Excerpts from President Kaberuka's past speeches and statements (2005 - 2010)
- "We will maintain the momentum, consolidate our achievements and sustain our ambition to become the leading regional development institution."
- "We played our part, more than doubling our operations in 2009. By the end of the year 2009, we had delivered support equal to 12.6 billion US dollars compared to 5.5 billion dollars in the previous year."
- "We were flexible, innovative and proactive. We cut down reaction time considerably. The ADF window alone increased its disbursements by 53 percent in 2009."
- "Throughout successive crises, the African Development Bank Group, alongside other IFIs, has played a key role in both Middle and Low Income countries. We responded appropriately, helping them weather the storms and adapt to the changing circumstances."
- "The general capital increase is a major phase in the building of the African Development Bank which enables it, in its capacity as an essential African institution, to take its rightful place in the community of regional development Banks."
- "We are planning to refocus on our basic operations, namely; infrastructure, agriculture, economic governance, economic integration and private sector development."
(Statement on the occasion of a New Year breakfast offered to members of the diplomatic corps in Tunis on January 19, 2010).
- "We provided frontloaded additional budget support, trade finance and liquidity. Our private sector window filled the gap left by sponsors of key infrastructure projects."
- "Women not simply as mothers, spouses, sisters, daughters, friends and neighbours but above all in their role in all segments of society, economies, politics, business, security and science are central to the fortunes of our individual countries and our Continent."
- "We developed new initiatives, traditionally not part of our core business such as trade finance. And in Middle Income countries, many of them important regional economic locomotives, the AfDB window is playing its part."
- Tunis, Tunisia - September 1, 2010 - AfDB President's Inaugural Statement at the beginning of the Second Term (176 kB)
- Tunis, Tunisia - September 1, 2010 - Speech by AfDB Governor for Tunisia, Mohamed Nouri at the Beginning of AfDB President's Second Term (242 kB)
- Tunis, Tunisia - September 1, 2010 - Speech by AfDB governor for Portugal, at the beginning of AfDB President's Second Term (283 kB)