President of Liberia and President of AfDB to lead a high-level panel on fragile states in Monrovia
Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, President of Liberia, and Donald Kaberuka, President of the African Development Bank Group, will lead a special high-level panel on fragile states in Monrovia on 2 September 2013. The panel will seek to answer the question, “How can we truly build peace and set a course for prosperity in Africa’s fragile states?”
Event’s theme: “How can we truly build peace and set a course for prosperity in Africa’s fragile states?”
Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, President of Liberia; Donald Kaberuka, President of the African Development Bank Group; Paul Collier, author of The Bottom Billion and The Plundered Planet; Emilia Pires, Minister of Finance, The Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste; Jakkie Cilliers, Co-founder and Executive Director of the Institute of Security Studies and Vasu Gounden, founder and Executive Director of the African Centre for the Constructive Resolution of Disputes (ACCORD).
Date and Time: Monday, 2 September 2013. Opening ceremonies at 09:30
Location: Royal Hotel Conference Room, 15th Street, Tubman Boulevard, Monrovia.
Press information: Press briefing at 13:15. Interviews available upon request.
Members of the High Level Panel
Chair: Ellen Johnson Sirleaf; President of Liberia
Sarah Cliffe; Special Representative and Director of the World development Report on conflict, security and development, United Nations.
Gilbert Fossoun Houngbo: Deputy Director-General for field and partnerships, International Labour Office (ILO).
Geraldine Frasier-Moleketi: Special Envoy on Gender, African Development Bank.
Callisto Madavo: Professor, Georgetown University.
Greg Mills: Director of Brenthurst Foundation.
Rakiya Omaar: Director of African Rights.
Dame Barbara Stocking: Vice President of Steering Committee for humanitarian response.
- Speaker Biographies - High-Level Panel on Fragile States (292 kB)
- Draft Agenda (282 kB)
- Concept Note (341 kB)
- List of Technical Papers Commissioned and Peer Reviewers - Draft Version (215 kB)
- Presentation to the AfDB High Level Panel on Frgile States - Building an Enabling Peace-Building Environment - An Assessment of Areas and Factors That Contribute to Resilience (4.2 MB)
- Presentation to the AfDB High Level Panel on Frgile States - Assessing long-term fragility in Africa (2.5 MB)
- Presentation to the AfDB High Level Panel on Frgile States - The Role of Donors in Fragile States (337 kB)