The 7th Donors Partnership Meeting for Rural Development in West and Central Africa
The African Development Bank will host the 7th Donors Partnership Meeting for Rural Development in West and Central Africa on the 30 and 31st October 2007 in Tunis . This meeting is a follow up to one organized in Rome by the FIDA. These informal meetings, initiated in 2000, bring together each year the principal development partners (World Bank, ADB, FAO, FIDA and French Development Agency, etc.) in a bid to reinforce partnerships and discuss relevant subjects, and more importantly to plan the co- financing of certain operations.
This 7th meeting will comprise three sessions:
- Climate change and agricultural development in West and Central Africa
- Challenges to sustainable agricultural and management of the trans-border water resources
- Knowledge management and innovations to promote agricultural development
Decreasing water resources, the constant degradation of natural resources, the impact of climate change, the adoption of new technologies and the spreading of best practices are all challenges which face women and men in the rural sector. The themes of the meeting are at the heart of this reality and aim to develop cooperation and synergies among the different partners. Important subjects will be discussed, many focusing on increasing the harmonization, impact and visibility of the Bank’s interventions in the rural sector.
- Please confirm the names of the participants from your organization who will be attending the meeting;
- Scheduled presenters should kindly send us a copy (electronic or hardcopy) of their presentations no later than 26 October 2007;
- Kindly bring with you any documentation that could be of interest to any or all of the various partners at the meeting;
- Individual participants who need an entry visa for Tunisia should provide the following: name, nationality, and passport number no later than 26 October 2007.