The African Development Bank Hosts International Meetings on Evaluation
About the Events
The Bank hosts three important international events in the field of evaluation this week:
- the biannual meeting of the Evaluation Cooperation Group (ECG)
- the official launch of the OECD-DAC evaluation terminology glossary in Arabic, and
- an international workshop on Evaluating Public-Private Partnerships.
The ECG, which is made up of the heads of the evaluation offices of multilateral development banks, will meet in Tunis, from April 21-24 at the Sheraton Hotel. The ECG promotes harmonization of evaluation approaches among its members and the general development evaluation community, as well as the development of guidelines and standards for the conduct of various types of evaluation. It aims at encouraging and supporting sustainable development of professionalism in its field. OPEV Director, Colin Kirk, was elected chair of the group at its last meeting in November 2007.
A reception will also be held on the evening of Wednesday April 24 during which the recently completed Arabic Glossary of Key Terms in Evaluation and Results Based Management will be launched. The glossary is the result of collaborative efforts between the Bank, the Islamic Development Bank and the OECD-DAC Development Co-operation Directorate.
Finally, on April 24 and 25, OPEV will organize a workshop on the Evaluation of Public-Private Partnerships which will be attended by evaluators from both multilateral and regional development banks. Participants at the Workshop will discuss a number of issues on how best to tailor evaluation approaches to the specific characteristics of PPPs.
- Interview with Mr. Hans Lundgren, head of evaluation at the OECD-Development Assistance Committee (DAC) [Video: 23/04/2008]
- Interview in arabic with Dr. Djelloul Saci, Director, Operations Evaluation Office of the Islamic Development Bank [Video: 23/04/2008]
- Anthony Curran, Senior Evaluation Officer (Knowledge Management) - firstname.lastname@example.org - Tel. +216 71 103 502
- Joseph Mouanda, Evaluation Assistant (Knowledge Management) - email@example.com - Tel. +216 71 103 67
- The Evaluation Cooperation Group holds its biannual Meeting on 21-24 April 2008 in Tunis.
- Launch of the Arabic version of the “Trilingual (Arabic, English and french) Glossary of Key Terms in Evaluation and Results Based Management” in Jeddah during Arab Coordination Meeting on Aid Effectiveness.
- AfDB focuses minds on how to evaluate Public-Private Partnerships