The Bank makes resources available for SMEs under agency arrangements with local financial intermediaries. The selection of individual projects for Bank support is largely delegated to the intermediaries, which draw on Bank resources to make loan or equity investments for the Bank’s account in projects meeting pre-agreed criteria. As part of an agency agreement, financial intermediaries are required to commit their own funds in each investment in parallel with the Bank and to supervise the investee companies. The financial intermediary acts only in an agency capacity for the Bank when investing the latter’s funds and assumes no risk in this regards. The credit risk of the borrower is borne by the Bank.
- 31/05/2018 - Ten-year CAD 60-million “Feed Africa” bond issued by the African Development Bank
- 22/05/2018 - The African Development Bank issues EUR 1.25 billion 0.875% 10-year Social Bond due 24 May 2028
- 16/03/2018 - African Development Bank launches US $2.0-billion 2.625% Fixed Rate Global Benchmark due 22 March 2021
- 13/12/2017 - EUR 500 million 0.250% 7-year Social Bond Transaction - Due 21 November 2024
- 05/10/2017 - AfDB issues its first “Light Up and Power Africa” theme Bond