Lines of Credit
One of the Bank’s important objectives is to encourage development of small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) on the continent, as is the development of private financial institutions (PFIs). To this end the Bank offers lines of credit to PFIs for on-lending to SMEs. The terms of the lines of credit specify the conditions under which Bank funds will be provided to the PFI for on-lending. The credit risks of the sub-loans are borne by the PFIs.
- 31/05/2018 - Ten-year CAD 60-million “Feed Africa” bond issued by the African Development Bank
- 22/05/2018 - The African Development Bank issues EUR 1.25 billion 0.875% 10-year Social Bond due 24 May 2028
- 16/03/2018 - African Development Bank launches US $2.0-billion 2.625% Fixed Rate Global Benchmark due 22 March 2021
- 13/12/2017 - EUR 500 million 0.250% 7-year Social Bond Transaction - Due 21 November 2024
- 05/10/2017 - AfDB issues its first “Light Up and Power Africa” theme Bond