Lines of Credit
One of the Bank’s important objectives is to encourage development of small and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) on the continent, as is the development of private financial institutions (PFIs). To this end the Bank offers lines of credit to PFIs for on-lending to SMEs. The terms of the lines of credit specify the conditions under which Bank funds will be provided to the PFI for on-lending. The credit risks of the sub-loans are borne by the PFIs.
- 13/12/2017 - EUR 500 million 0.250% 7-year Social Bond Transaction - Due 21 November 2024
- 05/10/2017 - AfDB issues its first “Light Up and Power Africa” theme Bond
- 01/08/2017 - AfDB signs US$ 78 million grant agreements with Governments of Somalia and South Sudan to strengthen drought resilience and address chronic hunger and malnutrition
- 09/12/2015 - AfDB approves US $53 million for water in Zimbabwe and financial reform in Chad
- 12/08/2015 - Fitch affirms African Development Bank at ‘AAA’; Outlook stable