Risk Management Products
The Bank offers Risk Management Products (RMPs) to its borrowers only in respect of obligations outstanding to the Bank or new Bank loans to enable them to hedge their exposure to market risks including interest rate, currency and commodity price risks, thus allowing them to optimize their debt management strategies. RMPs offered by the Bank include interest rate swaps, currency swaps, commodity swaps and interest rate caps and collars. These products are available to borrowers at any time during the life of the loan.
- Risk management products user manual
This manual is designed to give a quick and useful overview to borrowers about the risk management products offered by the Bank. The manual provides all the necessary information to request a risk management product transaction from the African Development Bank.
- Risk management products request form
Borrowers must use this form to request a risk management product transaction from the African Development Bank.
- 31/05/2018 - Ten-year CAD 60-million “Feed Africa” bond issued by the African Development Bank
- 22/05/2018 - The African Development Bank issues EUR 1.25 billion 0.875% 10-year Social Bond due 24 May 2028
- 16/03/2018 - African Development Bank launches US $2.0-billion 2.625% Fixed Rate Global Benchmark due 22 March 2021
- 13/12/2017 - EUR 500 million 0.250% 7-year Social Bond Transaction - Due 21 November 2024
- 05/10/2017 - AfDB issues its first “Light Up and Power Africa” theme Bond