Risk Management Products
The Bank offers Risk Management Products (RMPs) to its borrowers only in respect of obligations outstanding to the Bank or new Bank loans to enable them to hedge their exposure to market risks including interest rate, currency and commodity price risks, thus allowing them to optimize their debt management strategies. RMPs offered by the Bank include interest rate swaps, currency swaps, commodity swaps and interest rate caps and collars. These products are available to borrowers at any time during the life of the loan.
- Risk management products user manual
This manual is designed to give a quick and useful overview to borrowers about the risk management products offered by the Bank. The manual provides all the necessary information to request a risk management product transaction from the African Development Bank.
- Risk management products request form
Borrowers must use this form to request a risk management product transaction from the African Development Bank.
- 05/10/2017 - AfDB issues its first “Light Up and Power Africa” theme Bond
- 01/08/2017 - AfDB signs US$ 78 million grant agreements with Governments of Somalia and South Sudan to strengthen drought resilience and address chronic hunger and malnutrition
- 09/12/2015 - AfDB approves US $53 million for water in Zimbabwe and financial reform in Chad
- 12/08/2015 - Fitch affirms African Development Bank at ‘AAA’; Outlook stable
- 29/05/2015 - Interview with Stefan Nalletamby, Director, Financial Sector Development, AfDB