Policies & Procedures
Procurement under AfDB financed Projects is governed by its Procurement Policy, as articulated in two principal policy documents. These were thoroughly revised recently and approved by the Boards of Directors of the Bank Group in May 2008. These are applicable for all procurement activity commenced after November 2008.
- Rules and Procedures for Procurement of Goods and Works (2008, revised July 2012)
- Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants (2008, revised July 2012)
For procurement started before November 2008, the applicable documents are:
- Rules and Procedures for Procurement of Goods and Works (1999)
- Rules of Procedure for the Use of Consultants (1999)
The revised documents are very similar to the policy documents being used by the other Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs), particularly the World Bank and are a step towards greater harmonization between the MDBs. This will ensure ease of application at the project level as the procurement staff of the projects will not have to familiarize themselves to different sets of policy documents depending on whether the funding is from the World Bank or the African Development Bank.
The revision to the documents bring significantly increased flexibility and ease in procurement with reduced bidding periods (in most cases), online advertisement and greater disclosure requirements resulting into increased transparency.
Disclaimer: The Bank’s Rules and Procedures for Procurement of Goods and Works and the Bank’s Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants (“Rules and Procedures”) have been translated into Portuguese for your convenience. Reasonable efforts have been made to provide an accurate translation. The official texts are in English and French versions thereof. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance. If any questions arise related to the accuracy of the information contained in the translated Rules and Procedures, please refer to either the English or French version.
Rules and Procedures in Portuguese
Aviso importante: as Regras e Procedimentos do Banco para a Aquisição de Bens e Contratação de Empreitadas, e as Regras e Procedimentos do Banco para o Uso de Consultores (“Regras e Procedimentos”) foram traduzidos para português para sua conveniência. Esforços consideráveis foram empreendidos no sentido de se realizar uma tradução correcta. Os textos oficiais do Banco são em inglês e em francês, pelo que toda discrepância ou diferença criadas no decurso da tradução não são vinculativas e não produzem quaisquer efeitos legais. Se alguma questão surgir relacionada com a precisão da informação contida nas Regras e nos Procedimentos traduzidos, por favor consulte as versões oficiais inglesa ou francesa.
- 05/03/2015 Global Environment Facility (GEF) supports climate resilience in Uganda
- 18/12/2014 AfDB helps strengthen the resilience of socio-ecological systems in Lake Chad Basin
- 18/12/2014 AfDB donates US $10 million to reform economic governance in Burundi
- 18/12/2014 AfDB makes US $250-million loan to state owned company Transnet in South Africa
- 18/12/2014 AfDB provides US $108 million to repair the Tshikapa-Mbuji Mayi road and rural infrastructure in DRC