Standard bidding documents
Based upon the Bank’s revised Rules and Procedures for Procurement of Goods and Works, which, were approved by the Boards of Directors in May 2008, new Standard Bidding Documents (SBDs) have been prepared (in both French and English). The SBDs and their respective User’s Guides (where applicable) have been compiled by the African Development Bank for use by its Borrowers. The SBDs are based on the corresponding Master Procurement Documents (MPDs), prepared by the Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) and International Financing Institutions (IFIs).
The MPDs were designed to be used as models for issuing new and better harmonized SBDs for each individual multilateral institution and they reflect what are considered “best practices”, while allowing for institutional and member country considerations. Accordingly, the African Development Bank’s SBDs reflect the structure and the provisions of the MPDs, except where institution-specific considerations have required some changes.
These new SBDs become effective on the date of their publication on the Bank’s Website, and shall be applicable to all projects under which reference is made to the revised Rules and Procedures (May 2008) in the Loan or Grant Protocol Agreements.
However, this requirement shall not be applicable to any procurement for which:
- The Specific Procurement Notice (SPN) has already been published, or
- The Bank has already granted a no-objection to the bidding document.
The preparation of new User Guides is currently at the translation stage and these will also be posted on the Website as soon as both language versions are finalized.
A - Standard Bidding Documents for Goods and Works
Standard Bidding Document for procurement of Goods
Standard Bidding Documents for procurement of Works
- SBD for Procurement of Works
- SBD for Procurement of small Works
- Standard Prequalification Document for Procurement of Works
Standard Bidding Document for procurement of Plant
B - Standard Request for Proposals for Consultancy Services
C - Standard Forms, Templates and Others Documents
- Standard Bid Evaluation Guide for Procurement of Goods and Works
- Procurement Plan Template
- Guidelines for Procurement under community-based investment projects
- Model of General Procurement Notice (GPN)
- Model of Specific Procurement Notice (SPN)
- Model of Request for Expression Of Interest (EOI)
- Goods & Works Contract Award Publication Form
- Consultant Contract Award Publication Form
- 05/03/2015 Global Environment Facility (GEF) supports climate resilience in Uganda
- 18/12/2014 AfDB helps strengthen the resilience of socio-ecological systems in Lake Chad Basin
- 18/12/2014 AfDB donates US $10 million to reform economic governance in Burundi
- 18/12/2014 AfDB makes US $250-million loan to state owned company Transnet in South Africa
- 18/12/2014 AfDB provides US $108 million to repair the Tshikapa-Mbuji Mayi road and rural infrastructure in DRC