Project snapshot :
AfDB related financing: USD 3 million grant from Global Environmental Facility
As of March, 2015, the greatest successes have been in livestock rearing, fish farming, fruit tree propagation, and irrigation enhancement, including:
- 681,383 trees transplanted
- 139 hectares of land irrigated
- 13 fish ponds constructed
- 710 hectares of soil and water conserved
- By 2014, the first set of beneficiaries received a total of 989 goats.
- 315 farmers trained in fruit tree planting and management
- By 2014, 615 farmers had received training on fruit tree propagation methods and practices, together with a number of different types of trees, including banana, papaya, orange, and mango trees.
- 200 hectares covered with drought tolerant crops
- 291 farmers sensitized in early maturing crop varieties
- 2.5 hectares of buffer strips conserved