You are here
Senegal: Drinking Water and Sanitation #ImprovingthelivesofAfricans
Project name: Rural Drinking Water and Sanitation Programme (PEPAM)
- Improve the health conditions of the rural population in Senegal by reducing waterborne diseases, particularly diarrhea, which is the main cause of under-five child mortality.
When I got to the well, I had to wait for hours to collect only a little water. The water from the borehole is much better, it’s clean and there is no more diarrhea or illnesses related to water.
- The rehabilitation of boreholes, water storage facilities, and pumping equipment.
- Access to safe and reliable drinking water for an additional 183,000 people.
- Improved sanitation with the installation of family latrines, washing bins and public washrooms.
- Training provided in health and sanitation for masons and school teachers.