Increasing the rate of infrastructure delivery in Africa implies a greater focus on project preparation and project development as well as specialized financial tools to address specific market challenges. In 2012, African Heads of States in their Declaration on the Program for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA) called for innovative solutions to facilitate and accelerate infrastructure delivery in Africa. In response, and after broad consultations with African stakeholders, the African Development Bank has proposed the establishment of a new delivery vehicle called Africa50. Africa50 is an Investment Bank for Infrastructure in Africa that focuses on high-impact national and regional projects in the energy, transport, ICT and water sectors.
Africa 50: An innovative platform for infrastructure development and financing in Africa
- 07/11/2018 - Kinshasa, Brazzaville Ink Landmark Bridge Project
- 19/07/2018 - Africa50 Meeting: Kenyatta and Adesina call for accelerated private sector investment in infrastructure
- 10/07/2018 - Africa50 to Announce New Shareholders and Investment Updates at General Meeting in Nairobi on 19 July
- 27/06/2018 - The African CEO Infrastructure Project Developers Summit calls on Governments to Help Bring Projects to Financial Close More Rapidly
- 15/03/2018 - Kimberly Heimert appointed General Counsel at Africa50