Increasing the rate of infrastructure delivery in Africa implies a greater focus on project preparation and project development as well as specialized financial tools to address specific market challenges. In 2012, African Heads of States in their Declaration on the Program for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA) called for innovative solutions to facilitate and accelerate infrastructure delivery in Africa. In response, and after broad consultations with African stakeholders, the African Development Bank has proposed the establishment of a new delivery vehicle called Africa50. Africa50 is an Investment Bank for Infrastructure in Africa that focuses on high-impact national and regional projects in the energy, transport, ICT and water sectors.
Africa 50: An innovative platform for infrastructure development and financing in Africa
- 15/03/2018 - Kimberly Heimert appointed General Counsel at Africa50
- 15/03/2018 - Raza Hasnani appointed Head of Infrastructure Investments at Africa50 Project Finance
- 27/10/2017 - Africa50 Reaches Financial Close for Solar Plants in Egypt
- 13/09/2017 - Africa50 is partner of choice for economic transformation, Adesina tells shareholders
- 07/09/2017 - Africa50 to Announce New Strategy, New Investments, and New Members at its Shareholder Meeting in Dakar on September 12