The African Leaders for Nutrition initiative focuses on two priority areas, namely, broadening evidence by encouraging accountability, and strengthening political engagement and building partnerships:
- Broadening Evidence by Encouraging Accountability
- Nutrition Accountability Scorecard: the initiative will develop a continental scorecard as a nutrition advocacy tool that informs Heads of State, Ministers, Eminent Leaders and non-state actors on the current state and progress of nutrition in Africa against the background of continental and globally agreed nutrition targets and commitments.
- Economic Investment Case for Nutrition Report & Case Studies: This is a report that reviews and provides a continental investment snapshot of country cases and costs associated with cost-effective nutrition interventions with high impact in Africa.
- Strengthening Political Engagement and Building Partnerships
- ALN Champions: The initiative enlists a platform of Heads of State, Ministers and Eminent Leaders as Champions to spur and build a high-level political movement and leadership for nutrition.
- Advocacy and Communication: The initiative supports ALN champions by drawing on their unique experiences, competencies and capabilities to spark dialogues that highlight nutrition in Africa, to the world. The ALN Champions are both collaborators and audience of the initiative.