African Natural Resources Center
About the African Natural Resources Center
The African Natural Resources Center is a non-lending department of the African Development Bank (AfDB)with a mandate to assist African countries maximize development outcomes derived from natural resources.
The Center boosts the capacity of African countries to achieve inclusive and sustained growth from natural resources. To achieve this, it provides practical knowledge and expertise, advisory services, technical assistance and advocacy for improved and transparent management of renewable and non-renewable resources.
Examples of the Center’s country support programs :
Our Core activities:
- 15/09/2017 - 11 West African Ministries explore practical policy tools to turn extractives into development outcomes
- 30/06/2017 - Indian Ocean Islands, East African countries collaborate to enhance responsible fisheries practices
- 29/03/2017 - AfDB’s Amani Abou-Zeid elected African Commissioner for Infrastructure and Energy
- 20/02/2017 - AfDB engages governments and policy-makers at Investing in African Mining Indaba
- 07/02/2017 - AfDB shares insights to better bargaining at the negotiation table