CIF Annual Report 2017
Welcome to the AfDB-CIF 2017 Annual Report. In this report, we invite you to explore developments in the Bank-CIF portfolio.
The report looks at two particular aspects:
- First, it examines CIF’s role as key partner of the Bank as we continue to scale-up our financial commitments to climate change projects and programs across the African continent.
- Second, the report features four cross-cutting elements which are central to CIF projects and cut across all CIF programs, and which are required in BBank/CIF projects as part of the transformational approach:
o Gender policy
o De-risking investment for the private sector
o Capacity building and institutional strengthening
o Co-benefits and cross-sectoral solutions
The report also provides access to important knowledge achieved during the year and presents the major activities planned for 2018, especially in the context of CIF’s ten-year anniversary.
We hope this report offers you new insights into the Bank’s work in expanding Africa’s access to climate financing through CIF,and its support for Africa’s transformation to clean technology, sustainable management of forests, increased energy access though renewable energy, and climate-resilient development.
- 13/06/2018 - MDB climate finance hit record high of US$ 35.2 billion in 2017
- 08/06/2018 - The African Development Bank and the Climate Investment Funds support their first private sector-led geothermal power plant in Kenya
- 04/09/2017 - Unlocking capital flows for forest development in Africa
- 31/08/2017 - Mali : un atelier de formation sur les énergies renouvelables pour sensibiliser les journalistes aux enjeux du secteur
- 19/07/2017 - Tanzania wins US$21.7 million from Climate Investment Funds to advance geothermal exploration and transform its energy sector