In the wake of the recent wave of change in MENA, ten IFIs agreed, during the G8 Finance Ministers meeting (Marseille, France, September 10, 2011), to set up a joint coordination platform to facilitate joint operations and maximize synergies among institutions in the region.
- Information sharing and coordination of activities among IFIs
- Pro-active identification of joint projects, policy and analytical work
- Regular development of knowledge products
- Regular monitoring and reporting on joint-operations in the region (e.g., briefs, annual report)
The platform will include:
- A secretariat hosted by the AfDB (from September 2011 to September 2012)
- Institutional & Operational focal points (from each IFI)