Fragility & Resilience
The Transition Support Facility was established in 2008 (initially under the name Fragile States Facility) as an operationally autonomous entity within the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group. It was established, inter alia, to address weaknesses in the Performance-Based Allocation (PBA) of resources that tend to be low relative to needs and legitimate demands from states affected by fragility. Since then, it has mobilized more than UA 2 billion additional development finance for a set of low-income countries where fragility is the main development challenge.
- 14/02/2018 - Digital finance is a powerful lever for real change, African Development Bank Vice-President Pierre Guislain tells Resilience Forum
- 08/02/2018 - Resilience in Africa: "Providing solutions is an act of justice and an indicator of global progress", says Khaled Sherif
- 08/02/2018 - Welcome Remarks delivered by Charles Boamah, Senior Vice-President, African Development Bank Group, on the occasion of the Opening Session of the Second Africa Resilience Forum, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, February 8, 2018
- 08/02/2018 - Welcome Remarks at the Second Africa Resilience Forum, delivered by Khaled Sherif, Vice-President, Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery, African Development Bank Group, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, February 8, 2018
- 07/02/2018 - African Development Bank hosts second Africa Resilience Forum in Abidjan