Fragility & Resilience
The Transition Support Facility was established in 2008 (initially under the name Fragile States Facility) as an operationally autonomous entity within the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group. It was established, inter alia, to address weaknesses in the Performance-Based Allocation (PBA) of resources that tend to be low relative to needs and legitimate demands from states affected by fragility. Since then, it has mobilized more than UA 2 billion additional development finance for a set of low-income countries where fragility is the main development challenge.
- 16/06/2017 - AfDB working with partners to accelerate implementation of drought resilience programme
- 28/04/2017 - Adesina addresses need to end rural poverty at One World conference in Berlin
- 21/04/2017 - The “10,000 Communities in 1,000 Days Initiative” – Delivering the High 5s in Transition States
- 21/04/2017 - The African Development Bank is delivering for Africa: Adesina
- 17/04/2017 - Famine, fragility and infrastructure development on the agenda at World Bank-IMF Spring Meetings