Facility Eligibility Criteria
The Transition Support Facility is structured into three pillars:
- Supplemental Support Window (Pillar I): Provides supplementary support for funding recovery operations, infrastructure development, building state capacity and accountability, financing regional projects and governments’ participation in private sector operations. Supplementing the regular country allocation under the Performance-Based Allocation (PBA) system, Pillar I resources can be used to support all programs and projects, and use any of the Bank Group’s financing instruments available to ADF-only countries, to support implementation of country priorities and Bank Group programming set out in the eligible country programming document
- Arrears Clearance Window (Pillar II): Provides grant funding for clearing arrears of eligible countries to the Bank Group, thus facilitating debt regularization and normalization of relations with the Bank Group.
- Targeted Support Window (Pillar III): Provides a limited pool of grant resources to support capacity building and technical support activities that cannot easily be done through traditional institutional support projects and programs - such as interventions through non-sovereigns. Priority is also given to activities that have potential for high impact due to their innovative character, possibilities for scaling up and leveraging other resources, or enhancing the Bank’s leadership and strategic positioning around issues of fragility.
- 14/02/2018 - Digital finance is a powerful lever for real change, African Development Bank Vice-President Pierre Guislain tells Resilience Forum
- 08/02/2018 - Resilience in Africa: "Providing solutions is an act of justice and an indicator of global progress", says Khaled Sherif
- 08/02/2018 - Welcome Remarks delivered by Charles Boamah, Senior Vice-President, African Development Bank Group, on the occasion of the Opening Session of the Second Africa Resilience Forum, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, February 8, 2018
- 08/02/2018 - Welcome Remarks at the Second Africa Resilience Forum, delivered by Khaled Sherif, Vice-President, Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery, African Development Bank Group, Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, February 8, 2018
- 07/02/2018 - African Development Bank hosts second Africa Resilience Forum in Abidjan