Facility Eligibility Criteria
The Transition Support Facility is structured into three pillars:
- Supplemental Support Window (Pillar I): Provides supplementary support for funding recovery operations, infrastructure development, building state capacity and accountability, financing regional projects and governments’ participation in private sector operations. Supplementing the regular country allocation under the Performance-Based Allocation (PBA) system, Pillar I resources can be used to support all programs and projects, and use any of the Bank Group’s financing instruments available to ADF-only countries, to support implementation of country priorities and Bank Group programming set out in the eligible country programming document
- Arrears Clearance Window (Pillar II): Provides grant funding for clearing arrears of eligible countries to the Bank Group, thus facilitating debt regularization and normalization of relations with the Bank Group.
- Targeted Support Window (Pillar III): Provides a limited pool of grant resources to support capacity building and technical support activities that cannot easily be done through traditional institutional support projects and programs - such as interventions through non-sovereigns. Priority is also given to activities that have potential for high impact due to their innovative character, possibilities for scaling up and leveraging other resources, or enhancing the Bank’s leadership and strategic positioning around issues of fragility.
- 16/06/2017 - AfDB working with partners to accelerate implementation of drought resilience programme
- 28/04/2017 - Adesina addresses need to end rural poverty at One World conference in Berlin
- 21/04/2017 - The “10,000 Communities in 1,000 Days Initiative” – Delivering the High 5s in Transition States
- 21/04/2017 - The African Development Bank is delivering for Africa: Adesina
- 17/04/2017 - Famine, fragility and infrastructure development on the agenda at World Bank-IMF Spring Meetings