- Initiatives & Partnerships
- AFAWA (Affirmative Finance Action for Women in Africa)
- Access to finance for SMEs through FIs
- Adaptation Benefit Mechanism (ABM)
- AfDB - OECD Joint Initiative
- Africa Climate Change Fund
- Africa Digital Financial Inclusion Facility (ADFI)
- Africa Energy Market Place
- Africa NDC Hub
- Africa Trade Fund (AfTra)
- Africa Visa Openness Index
- African Carbon Support Program
- African Fertilizer Financing Mechanism
- African Financial Alliance on Climate Change (AFAC)
- African Financial Markets Initiative (AFMI)
- African Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises
- African Leaders for Nutrition Initiative
- African Legal Support Facility
- African Natural Resources Centre
- African Peer Review Mechanism
- African Water Facility
- African Women in Business Initiative
- Agriculture Fast Track (AFT) Fund
- Aid for Trade Trust Fund
- Boost Africa: Empowering Young African Entrepreneurs
- Climate Investment Funds (CIF)
- Climate for Development in Africa (ClimDev-Africa) Initiative
- Congo Basin Forest Fund (CBFF)
- Deauville Partnership
- Debt Relief Initiatives
- Emergency Liquidity Facility (ELF)
- Enhanced Private Sector Assistance for Africa: EPSA Initiative
- Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative
- Fragility & Resilience
- Fund for African Private Sector Assistance
- Global Environment Facility (GEF)
- Green Bonds Program
- Green Climate Fund
- Green Growth Initiative
- Health in Africa Fund
- High-Level Panel on Fragile States
- Information Centre for the Extractives Sector
- Investment Climate Facility
- Jobs for Youth in Africa
- Making Finance Work for Africa Partnership
- Microfinance Multidonor Trust Fund
- Middle Income Countries
- Migration and Development Initiative
- Multi-Donor Governance Trust Fund
- Multi-Partner Somalia Infrastructure Fund (SIF)
- Multidonor Water Partnership Program
- NEPAD Infrastructure Project Preparation Facility (NEPAD-IPPF)
- Partnership on Illicit Finance
- Power Africa Initiative
- Programme for Infrastructure Development in Africa (PIDA)
- Rural Water Supply & Sanitation Initiative
- STAARS: structural transformation of African agriculture and rural spaces
- Seed Capital Assistance Facility (SCAF)
- South-South Cooperation Trust Fund
- Strategic Partnership with Africa
- Sustainable Energy Fund for Africa
- Sustainable Energy for All (SE4ALL)
- The Presidential Youth Advisory Group (PYAG)
- Trade Finance Program
- Zimbabwe Multi-Donor Trust Fund
You are here
25/09/2018 - The African Development Bank’s Fund for African Private Sector Assistance (FAPA), has provided funds totaling nearly US $2 million to its Jobs for Youth in Africa initiative.
21/09/2018 - The African Development Bank’s Fund for African Private Sector Assistance (FAPA), has approved a grant of US $1 million to Liberia, to provide technical assistance to its fast-growing wood processing industry.
Categories: Liberia, Private Sector, Enhanced Private Sector Assistance for Africa: EPSA Initiative, Fund for African Private Sector Assistance, Enhanced Private Sector Assistance for Africa: EPSA Initiative, Fund for African Private Sector Assistance
13/07/2018 - The African Development Bank, through its Trade Finance operations, and Afreximbank today signed a Grant Agreement to support the development of factoring (a form of debtor finance in which a business sells its accounts receivable (invoices) to a third party (called a factor) at a discount) on the continent. This is a big step towards both institutions’ unrelenting drive and commitment to continue enabling extra and intra-Africa Trade.
02/07/2018 - Leveling the playing field for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs) in Africa is one of FAPA’s (Fund for African Private Sector Assistance) priority goals. To achieve this objective, FAPA donors have approved four projects worth US $3.9 million, bringing the total number of FAPA approved projects to seven and the cumulative grant amount to US $6.4 million since the beginning of this year.
Categories: Private Sector, Partnerships, Enhanced Private Sector Assistance for Africa: EPSA Initiative, Fund for African Private Sector Assistance, Enhanced Private Sector Assistance for Africa: EPSA Initiative, Fund for African Private Sector Assistance
19/06/2018 - To boost agricultural production and productivity in the Sudan, the Bank approved US $42 million in concessional grants from the African Development Fund to support the National Agriculture Investment Plan.
08/06/2018 - A Mozambican delegation headed by Economy Minister Adriano Maleiane participated in the African Development Bank’s Annual Meetings in Busan, Korea, a key conference on economic affairs for the continent at which Finance Ministers from the Bank’s 80 Member States meet with academics, development partners and civil society organizations.
FAPA Donors and AFAP sign grant agreement in support of local supply and utilization of fertilizer in Africa
24/05/2018 - On the sidelines of the African Development Bank Annual Meetings in Busan, Korea, the Fund for African Private Sector Assistance (FAPA) (link is external) donors and the African Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP) have signed a grant agreement in support of local supply and utilization of fertilizer by smallholder farmers in Africa.
Fund for African Private Sector Assistance approves three projects to spur SME development in Africa
06/04/2018 - Donors to the Fund for African Private Sector Assistance (FAPA) – consisting of the African Development Bank, the Government of Japan and the Government of Austria – have approved three catalytic projects totaling US $2,480,000 to stimulate the growth of Africa’s small and medium enterprises.
Categories: Human Capital Development, Private Sector, Employment, Partnerships, Enhanced Private Sector Assistance for Africa: EPSA Initiative, Fund for African Private Sector Assistance, Enhanced Private Sector Assistance for Africa: EPSA Initiative, Fund for African Private Sector Assistance
Banque africaine de développement : don de 980 000 dollars américains pour le Projet d’appui au développement du marché financier régional de l’Union monétaire ouest-africaine
09/02/2018 - La Banque africaine de développement et le Conseil régional de l’épargne publique et des marchés financiers (CREPMF) ont signé, jeudi 8 février à Abidjan, un accord de don d’un montant de 980 000 dollars américains pour le Projet d’appui au développement du marché financier régional (PADMAFIR) de l’Union monétaire ouest-africaine (UMOA). La lettre d’accord de don, signée par Pierre Guislain, vice-président de la Banque africaine de développement en charge du Secteur privé, de l’infrastructure et de l’industrialisation et Mamadou Ndiaye, président du CREPMF, vise à contribuer à la mise en œuvre d’actions prioritaires du plan stratégique 2014-2021 du Marché financier régional (MFR).
20/06/2017 - The African Development Bank’s Board of Directors has approved a US $1-million African Private Sector Assistance Fund (FAPA) grant to the Government of Mozambique to finance the Nacala Corridor Business Linkages Technical Assistance Project.
Categories: Mozambique, Japan, Transport, Regional Integration, Infrastructure, Private Sector, Partnerships, Employment, Fund for African Private Sector Assistance, Fund for African Private Sector Assistance