The Jobs for Youth in Africa Strategy has selected three sectors with high potential for youth inclusion for the initial flagship programs: agriculture, industrialization, and ICT. The Flagship Programs follow a unique approach, aimed to ease the design and implementation of individual projects. The program models outline the rationale, project components, and intended outcomes of each Flagship Program, providing a clear guide for design and implementation of projects.
- Rural Microenterprise Flagship Program Model: This program will provide youth with capital, skills training and mentorship to launch agriculture-based micro enterprises.
- The ENABLE Youth (Empowering Novel Agri-Business Led Employment) program: This program will help young African men and women incubate new larger scale agri-businesses and support them in accessing financing for the growth of these businesses.
- Agro-industrialization Pipeline Flagship Program Model: This program will develop a pipeline of skilled labor for agro-industrial companies.
- Skills Enhancement Zone Flagship Program Model: This program will develop a skilled workforce aligned to employer needs by creating demand-led training and job placement programs within industrial clusters.
- Computational Thinking Flagship Program: This program will introduce digital literacy, logical thinking, and complex problem-solving curricula in secondary schools.
- Coding for Employment Flagship Program: This program will develop premier coding academies and match graduates directly with ICT employers.
- 23/10/2017 - Creating the next generation of hunger-fighters: Adesina caps World Food Prize week with speech to youth
- 22/10/2017 - New World Food Prize Africa Institute to produce Borlaug-Adesina Fellows
- 20/10/2017 - Adesina to set up fund for young farmers, agripreneurs with US $250,000 World Food Prize money
- 19/10/2017 - Going Digital - AfDB’s ‘50 Million Women Speak Digital Platform’ set to create Digital Value that underpins Africa’s future economic transformation
JfYA - Implementation Progress (607 kB)
Jobs for Youth Africa - Brochure (7.3 MB)