The Jobs for Youth in Africa Strategy has selected three sectors with high potential for youth inclusion for the initial flagship programs: agriculture, industrialization, and ICT. The Flagship Programs follow a unique approach, aimed to ease the design and implementation of individual projects. These flagships are based on best practices and provide results-oriented, cost-efficient models to scale up what has proven to work best. The program models outline the rationale, project components, and intended outcomes of each Flagship Program, providing a clear guide for design and implementation of projects.
- Rural Microenterprise Flagship Program Model: This program will provide youth with capital, skills training and mentorship to launch agriculture-based micro enterprises.
- The ENABLE Youth (Empowering Novel Agri-Business Led Employment) program: This program will help young African men and women incubate new larger scale agri-businesses and support them in accessing financing for the growth of these businesses.
- Agro-industrialization Pipeline Flagship Program Model: This program will develop a pipeline of skilled labor for agro-industrial companies.
- Skills Enhancement Zone Flagship Program Model: This program will develop a skilled workforce aligned to employer needs by creating demand-led training and job placement programs within industrial clusters.
- Computational Thinking Flagship Program: This program will introduce digital literacy, logical thinking, and complex problem-solving curricula in secondary schools.
- Coding for Employment Flagship Program: This program will develop premier coding academies and match graduates directly with ICT employers.
- 23/02/2018 - African Development Bank and Mozambique sign US$ 29 million grant agreements to finance agriculture and skills acquisition projects
- 15/02/2018 - Africa commits to support youth to build tomorrow's society through innovation
- 13/02/2018 - Equality in the extractives industry: ALSF, International Women in Mining, and Adam Smith International launch high-level event at Mining Indaba 2018
- 09/02/2018 - Africa Science, Technology and Innovation Forum opens in Egypt
JfYA - Implementation Progress (607 kB)
Jobs for Youth Africa - Brochure (7.3 MB)