The Jobs for Youth in Africa Strategy has selected three sectors with high potential for youth inclusion for the initial flagship programs: agriculture, industrialization, and ICT. The Flagship Programs follow a unique approach in order to facilitate the design and implementation of individual projects. These flagships are based on best practices and provide results-oriented, cost-efficient models to scale up what has proven to work best. The program models outline the rationale, project components, and intended outcomes of each Flagship Program, providing a clear guide for design and implementation of projects.
- Rural Microenterprise Flagship Program Model: This program provides youth with capital, skills training and mentorship to support them with launching agriculture-based micro enterprises. Currently, the program is implemented in Malawi and Nigeria and has a total investment of US $54 million.
- The ENABLE Youth (Empowering Novel Agri-Business Led Employment) program helps young African men and women to incubate and scale-up their agri-business. In addition, ENABLE Youth supports youth in accessing financing to grow their enterprises. Currently, this program is implemented in 11 countries with a total investment of US $830 million.
- Agro-industrialization Pipeline Flagship Program Model: This program develops a pipeline of skilled labor for agro-industrial companies.
- Skills Enhancement Zone Flagship Program Model: This program develops a skilled workforce aligned to employer needs by creating demand-led training and job placement programs within industrial clusters.
- The Rockefeller Trust Fund enhances the digital and ICT skills of youth through these two main programs. Computational Thinking Flagship Program: This program introduces digital literacy, logical thinking, and complex problem-solving curricula in secondary schools. Coding for Employment Flagship Program: This program develops premier coding academies and matches graduates directly with ICT employers.
- 25/09/2018 - African Development Bank Boosts Jobs for Youth in Africa Strategy with close to $2 Million
- 05/09/2018 - Répertoire opérationnel africain des métiers et des emplois (ROAME) : Lancement des travaux en Guinée Conakry
- 31/08/2018 - 5 milliards de francs CFA de la Banque africaine de développement pour insuffler une nouvelle dynamique au Centre régional de formation en entretien routier (CERFER)
- 14/08/2018 - The Youth – Africa’s Most Valuable Resource for Economic Transformation
JfYA - Implementation Progress (607 kB)
Jobs for Youth Africa - Brochure (6.3 MB)