Social Bonds Program
This document serves as AfDB’s framework for issuing debt instruments within the context of the aforementioned Social Bond Program.
The African Development Bank has engaged Sustainalytics to act as an Independent Reviewer and Provider of Second Opinion on its Social Bond Framework, to confirm its alignment both with AfDB’s sustainability objectives and the key features of the Social Bond Principles.
- 30/11/2018 - African Development Bank issues first ever SOFR-linked transaction in green bond market
- 19/09/2018 - African Development Bank launches US$2 Billion 3.00% Global Benchmark due 20 September 2023
- 31/05/2018 - Ten-year CAD 60-million “Feed Africa” bond issued by the African Development Bank
- 22/05/2018 - The African Development Bank issues EUR 1.25 billion 0.875% 10-year Social Bond due 24 May 2028
- 13/12/2017 - EUR 500 million 0.250% 7-year Social Bond Transaction - Due 21 November 2024
- 05/10/2017 - AfDB issues its first “Light Up and Power Africa” theme Bond
- 27/09/2017 - African Development Bank sells Industrialize Africa theme bond for AUD 50 million