Social Bonds Program
This document serves as AfDB’s framework for issuing debt instruments within the context of the aforementioned Social Bond Program.
The African Development Bank has engaged Sustainalytics to act as an Independent Reviewer and Provider of Second Opinion on its Social Bond Framework, to confirm its alignment both with AfDB’s sustainability objectives and the key features of the Social Bond Principles.
- 08/04/2019 The African Development Bank launches a dual tranche NOK 500 million 3-year Social Bond and SEK 1.25 billion 5-year Green Bond
- 14/12/2018 African Development Bank’s Board approves Bank’s borrowing program for 2019
- 30/11/2018 African Development Bank issues first ever SOFR-linked transaction in green bond market
- 19/09/2018 African Development Bank launches US$2 Billion 3.00% Global Benchmark due 20 September 2023
- 31/05/2018 Ten-year CAD 60-million “Feed Africa” bond issued by the African Development Bank
- 22/05/2018 The African Development Bank issues EUR 1.25 billion 0.875% 10-year Social Bond due 24 May 2028
- 13/12/2017 EUR 500 million 0.250% 7-year Social Bond Transaction - Due 21 November 2024
- 05/10/2017 AfDB issues its first “Light Up and Power Africa” theme Bond
- 27/09/2017 African Development Bank sells Industrialize Africa theme bond for AUD 50 million