Agriculture & Agro-industries
The overall Bank Group Vision for Agriculture and Rural Development is to strive to become the leading development finance institution in Africa, dedicated to assisting African regional member countries in their poverty reduction efforts.
This Vision thus focuses on the central goal of poverty reduction and, therefore, on agriculture and rural development as a prime building block, given the dominant role agriculture plays in most RMCs, as the key employer of the people and the main contributor to GDP, rural transformation, and economic growth.
More specifically, the Bank’s vision for the agriculture and rural development sector is to assume a leading catalytic role, within the next decade, in supporting the technological, institutional and policy changes that would trigger a lasting transformation of the rural economies of RMCs by empowering their rural populations to improve their productivity and real incomes in an equitable and environmentally sustainable manner. Hence, the thrust of the vision is client-focus, with “people-centered development” as the principal theme.
- 12/06/2019 African Development Bank, African Union-NEPAD, partners launch African Agri-Business Engine for private sector agricultural finance with FAPA grant
- 31/05/2019 African Development Bank provides €100 Million partial guarantee for commercial agriculture in Africa
- 16/05/2019 The African Development Bank, partners to host workshop on Gender Mainstreaming in Climate Change Policies in East Africa
- 02/05/2019 Programme de Promotion de l’entreprenariat des jeunes dans l’agriculture et l’agro-industrie de Madagascar : Sortie de la première promotion de 35 jeunes agripreneurs
- 02/05/2019 Nigeria: Investors say African Development Bank’s Special Agro-Industrial Processing Zones will drive agricultural revolution
- 26/04/2019 Guinée : la Banque africaine de développement octroie 81,1 millions de dollars au titre de prêts pour les transports et l’environnement et de don d’urgence
- 25/04/2019 African Development Bank hosts investment forum on Special Agro-Industrial Processing Zones
- 24/04/2019 African Development Bank, partners support smallholder farmers with 17 new project grants
- 23/04/2019 Togo: African Development Bank helps to create 35,000 jobs in agricultural SMEs
- Africa Feeding Africa, #1, 1st semester 2016
- Feed Africa — Strategy for agricultural transformation in Africa 2016–2025
- The Bank Group's Participation in Implementing the Action Plan for Africa (2011-2015) on Improving Statistics for Food Security-Sustainable Agriculture and Rural Development
- 2010-2014 - Bank Group Agriculture Sector Strategy