Agriculture & Agro-industries
The overall Bank Group Vision for Agriculture and Rural Development is to strive to become the leading development finance institution in Africa, dedicated to assisting African regional member countries in their poverty reduction efforts.
This Vision thus focuses on the central goal of poverty reduction and, therefore, on agriculture and rural development as a prime building block, given the dominant role agriculture plays in most RMCs, as the key employer of the people and the main contributor to GDP, rural transformation, and economic growth.
More specifically, the Bank’s vision for the agriculture and rural development sector is to assume a leading catalytic role, within the next decade, in supporting the technological, institutional and policy changes that would trigger a lasting transformation of the rural economies of RMCs by empowering their rural populations to improve their productivity and real incomes in an equitable and environmentally sustainable manner. Hence, the thrust of the vision is client-focus, with “people-centered development” as the principal theme.
- 11/12/2017 - Women, youth and SMEs to benefit from African Development Bank’s US $100-million loan to Mauritius
- 07/12/2017 - Tanzania: African Development Bank accelerates development pace with ‘High 5’ priorities
- 05/12/2017 - Agricultural growth should drive structural transformation, says expert
- 05/12/2017 - AfDB supports Namibia’s Agriculture Sector
- 30/11/2017 - AfDB and WWF agree to focus on conservation, energy and agriculture
- 29/11/2017 - Un prêt de 98,54 millions d’euros de la BAD pour soutenir l’agriculture au Gabon
- 27/11/2017 - Future of Africa’s youth dominates agenda at EU-Africa Business Forum
- 23/11/2017 - AfDB supports Cameroon’s Economic reforms with €180 million loan
- 23/11/2017 - AfDB boosts African Agriculture and nutrition with US$ 10 million equity investment in Phatisa Food Fund