Agriculture & Agro-industries
The overall Bank Group Vision for Agriculture and Rural Development is to strive to become the leading development finance institution in Africa, dedicated to assisting African regional member countries in their poverty reduction efforts.
This Vision thus focuses on the central goal of poverty reduction and, therefore, on agriculture and rural development as a prime building block, given the dominant role agriculture plays in most RMCs, as the key employer of the people and the main contributor to GDP, rural transformation, and economic growth.
More specifically, the Bank’s vision for the agriculture and rural development sector is to assume a leading catalytic role, within the next decade, in supporting the technological, institutional and policy changes that would trigger a lasting transformation of the rural economies of RMCs by empowering their rural populations to improve their productivity and real incomes in an equitable and environmentally sustainable manner. Hence, the thrust of the vision is client-focus, with “people-centered development” as the principal theme.
- 13/04/2018 - Banque africaine de développement : les acteurs africains du financement du développement en réunion
- 06/04/2018 - Invitation to the African Youth Agripreneur Forum (AYAF) and Agri-Pitch Competition: “Technologies and Innovations for Youth in Agribusiness”
- 04/04/2018 - La Banque africaine de développement octroie 11,23 millions USD à Madagascar : énergie, agriculture et lutte contre la peste
- 30/03/2018 - Reversing Africa’s cocoa paradox: Why Easter celebration signals a call to action
- 29/03/2018 - Visiting Swiss delegation underscores African Development Bank’s crucial role in Africa’s development
- 23/03/2018 - Agriculture Fast Track Fund to launch 12 new projects in support of agribusiness SMEs in six African countries
- 15/03/2018 - African Development Bank commends Japan’s multi-billion-dollar support for Africa’s economic transformation
- 23/02/2018 - African Development Bank and Mozambique sign US$ 29 million grant agreements to finance agriculture and skills acquisition projects
- 09/02/2018 - Seminar on Staple Crop Processing Zones in Africa: From Vision to Action