Agriculture for a better life
"Agriculture for a better life" is a perfect illustration of how concrete and palpable our agriculture and agribusiness projects can be.
It also shows the multiplying effect of our projects, which are designed to create synergies and opportunities.
This book is about the impact of our projects on people, and how they are transforming lives. It is full of illustration, and testimony.
Based on true stories, this book describes some of our efforts to implement inclusive growth projects, a growth that creates opportunities for all.
This book is part of a four-part series, "For a Better Life", which brings a vibrant and optimistic message on Africa's prospects. From agriculture to human development, from water and sanitation to governance and financial and economic reforms, these books tell the stories of men and women who were able to take their destiny into their own hands.
These four areas - in which the African Development Bank's active portfolio stands at about USD 10 billion - play a crucial role in achieving its twin objectives of promoting inclusive growth and supporting the transition to green growth.
This book offers some emerging success stories from a sample of the Bank's interventions. It shows how our projects are improving people's live across different countries.
The Watershed Management Project in Cabo Verde, the Rural Enterprise Project in Ghana, the Trans-boundary Animal Disease Control Project in Zambia and "One Family, One Cow" project in Rwanda are true reflections of how the AfDB's modest but positive interventions in agriculture are touching the lives of people and helping them to reap the dividends of development.
- 18/02/2019 - Burkina Faso: African Development Bank committed to fighting malnutrition and poverty in the Sahel
- 18/02/2019 - La Banque africaine de développement et le Bureau international du Travail soutiennent les propositions des pays d’Afrique centrale en faveur de l’emploi des jeunes dans les zones rurales
- 13/02/2019 - Increasing the economic momentum of Africa-Korea partnerships to advance Africa’s agro-industrialization
- 10/02/2019 - “Corruption does not invest in the future, it kills the future.” – Akinwumi Adesina, at World Peace Summit of Global leaders
- 06/02/2019 - Tunisie : la première promotion de pilotes de drones diplômés dans le cadre du projet-pilote d’utilisation de drones initié par la Banque africaine de développement
- 05/02/2019 - African Development Bank President Adesina confident of “very promising future” for continent
- 25/01/2019 - Madagascar: African Development Bank helps transform agricultural production methods
- 24/01/2019 - Agriculture et entreprenariat agricole en Guinée : La Banque africaine de développement et les autorités guinéennes signent pour 11 millions de dollars d’accords de financement
- 21/01/2019 - Nigeria: Fertilizer Project Raises Yields by Over 50%, Showcases Successful PPP’s